Help with adding a hedge if price moves x atr in loss

2 replies

Oliver

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 121 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257793

Hi

Im trying to understand if Strategyquant can  help me build a strategy with a hedge so that if an entry moves say 1 x daily atr my loosing position is maintained but a hedge is taken in the opposite direction. i understand i can have a market reverse entry but this is not quite the same.

Can some please help me understand if this can be selected in the build process? If yes which options do i need to select to be able to do that?

thanks in advance

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257805

in build process you cant set anything like this – we can build only strategies with the building blocks provided

there is also Algowizard, where you can write your manual strategy, but this need some experience

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257854

Hello,

we did not implement such method since we cannot see any benefits from using this. If are are losing money and open an opposite position that will be winning the same amount you are losing, what is the point of having such position? What if you enter the “hedge position” and market turns in your favor right away. Your hedge will keep you in drawdown you have achieved so far so it does not help you at all … maybe there are some benefits but we cannot see them

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)