How does Build Strategy intreract with Algo Wizard Template

3 replies

David

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 15 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267884

Hi Traders,

Can somone explain if Strategy Builder will select Exit types in below scenario.

In AlgoWizard i have defined Exit Variables in Assign Variable

AssignVariables

Then Linked the variable to exit type in Enter at market.

Exit

If i select Trailing Stop as “required” will builder randomly select to use the other exit types even though i have them built in to AlgoWizard template ?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267896

Hello,

the build will actually use all the exit types activated in the template as required.

Actually you do not need to set it up this way. Builder works like this by default. No need for special template. You can directly select exit blocks and set Min / Step / Max for all those except SL & PT where you set only Min & Max

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

David

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 15 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267907

Hi,

I wish to use the AlgoWizard template (strategy template mode) to establish entry and exit rule, then use the template in builder to randomly select combinations of all the exit types if i do not select exit methods in AlgoWizard then i builder does not randomly select combinations of all the exit types. Even with Stop Loss set as required in builder it does not generate SL. How can i enable builder to randomly select combinations of all the exit types from AlgoWizard template ? and if i enable all the Exit types in AlgoWizard template it will simply use all exit types

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267953

Hello,

you could probably setup like this to get the desired results. With the following setup SQX will combine various exit types selected as “exit types”

The ranges can be set as mentioned directly in the “Exit types” section

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)