How to build a portfolio

4 replies

Russell Razzaque

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 7 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269595

Hi, I’m new to this and wanted to ask a general question about portfolios…

Is it ok to run several strategies in the same market at the same time (in the same timeframe and the same trading direction setting i.e. both long & short) OR should there always be a clear difference between the strategies (eg. one long only & one short only etc.)?

I would be most grateful for any thoughts.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269596

if you are trading CFDs you will have HEDGED account, so yes we are trading more strategies together on 1 market and 1 TF

every strategy must only have unique magicnumber

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Russell Razzaque

Visit profile

3 years ago #269598

Thanks.

My strategies are in EURUSD and I am using AxiTrader so I guess I am trading CFDs, right?

Not sure how a CFD means I am hedged though – I essentially receive/pay the difference if I win or lose – so not sure how that amounts to a hedge. Sorry again for my rookie questions.

Russell Razzaque

Visit profile

3 years ago #269617

Also, all my strategies seem to have the same magicnumber – it’s listed in “pseudocode” as 11111;

do you mean the rest of the strategy parameters listed under that need to be different (as opposed to just the number itself)?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269621

parameters makes the logic of the strategy – if you change them you will change the history

for trading more strategies on 1 account you need to set only different magicnumber for each strategy

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)