How to choose the cross market?

5 replies

Waid

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 27 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267878

EURUSD<->GBPUSD<->USDCHF

EURJPY<->GBPJPY

AUDCAD<->AUDCHF

From the tutorial I found we can do robust test  the cross market by the above ways.

So here rises a question.

how about other pairs? e.g. NZDCAD <->?  GBPCHF<-> ?, … how to systematically decide the suitable cross market pairs?

Or is there any mapping table?

Zoster81

Customer, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 1 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267879

I think they can be chosen through correlations, for example gbpusd and and usdchf have a very high correlation with eurusd.

I suppose this is the logic

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267888

you can use some correlated pair – https://www.fxblue.com/market-data/tools/correlation-matrix

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Waid

Visit profile

3 years ago #267913

Thanks, So the idea is to find highly correlated pairs.

But from fxblue, I cannot increase pairs to look up more. Does someone know how to adjust it?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267926

many users, many ideas, for example i am not using this method….but if you dont want to run the strats across all for example 28 pairs, you can choose the high correlated only

do you see the setting button on the left side?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Waid

Visit profile

3 years ago #267935

Thanks,

I did not notice the setting button will pop out something. Since at first time I tried to press it without anything happen until now I wait for seconds and a setting window pop out. Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)