How to run multiple instances of SQX?

5 replies

alexb47

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 21 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #270322

Hello,

I’m exploring how to generate more strategies per hour. Reading through the forums it looks like one of the options is, hardware permitting, running  multiple instances of SQX.

How can I run multiple instances of SQX ?

Thank you so much.

Alex

Jason

Customer, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 69 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271332

If you own a licence for SQX already you can get an additional free “starter” licence. It is a version of the software without custom projects but you can run builder in it to increase your build output. I then transfer these to the main licence and load them into the workflow for robustness tests etc.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271333

its nonsense to run more SQX instances, only if you have 64+ cores you need to run more instances of SQX to get full CPU load

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271334

and you can run multiples SQX instances easily – make new directory and copy paste and run the exe again – there is no need to have more licences on the same computer

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Jason

Customer, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 69 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271336

No need to make assumptions there chief, I have it on two machines, so the nonsense doesn’t apply to my situation.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271337

If you own a licence for SQX already you can get an additional free “starter” licence. It is a version of the software without custom projects but you can run builder in it to increase your build output. I then transfer these to the main licence and load them into the workflow for robustness tests etc.

That’s correct. You can also contact our [email protected] for additional licenses and offers for multiple machines

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)