How to stop the expert

3 replies

Niko Nugroho

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #196105

Hi Tomas,
would you please advise on how to stop the robot (expert) once it is hit the take profit? so, I want to have only 1 profit transaction, hence if the transaction is loss then the expert still continue to open another transaction, but once there is 1 transaction which hit the Target Profit, I want the expert to do nothing (stop) without clicking the auto trade button (make is dissable) on MT4.

Thanks.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #196172

Hello,

this is not possible to do with some simple MQL4 order for EA created with SQ3.

You can setup such strategy rule in EA Wizard though. So you can create a strategy with StrategyQuant 3 and then re-create the rules in EA Wizard + adding P/L EA stop condition. This is the only “easy” way in my opinion.

Niko Nugroho

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #196213

Hi Tomas,
Thank you for your prompt response. Actually all the position opened by the expert has Stop Loss and Target Profit condition, hence the trade will either hit the stop loss or the target profit. So, once there is any trade which hit the take profit target, I want the expert to be idle/stop (no more open position). For example, 1st trade is sell and hit the stop loss condition and my loss is -10, then the expert will open 2nd trade let say sell again and hit the stop loss again hence the loss from this 2nd trade is also -10, then the expert will open 3rd trade let say buy and hit the target profit condition hence the profit for this 3rd trade is 15. At this stage, i want the expert to stop trading (do nothing) without clicking the auto trade button on MT4 platform. Just wondering whether it is possible? Thanks.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #196279

Niko,

as mentioned the condition can be easily setup for EAs created using EA Wizard. For EAs created with StrategyQuant you would have edit the final EA code and add MQL4 functions into it but yes, it can be done.
Do you want to have some option to manually re-activate EA so it waits for another signal?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)