Not logged in
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>Application Support>is it possible to add external jars?

• #250508|
    Participant
    3 Posts

Hi there,

I am implementing my own indicator and I would like to use the external talib java jar. I implemented the indicator and it gives no error when compiling it. However, when I go to “AlgoWizard” and “Run a quick backtest” it gives me the following error: “NoClassDefFoundError”.

So, at this point, I was wondering if it’s possible to import external jars. Is it possible? how is it possible to do that?

Thanks!

Customer
    224 Posts

I would like to see that SQ could support this!

But how to convert the external indicators to MT4/TS/MC’s?

Participant
    3 Posts

Ok so correct me if I’m wrong but it¡s not possible nowadays, right?

tomas262
    Administrator
    1116 Posts

Hello,

currently the only way is to add a new code snippets like shown in the tutorials here https://strategyquant.com/codebase

Have you checked that?

Participant
    3 Posts

Hi, tomas262:
    I checked that. The thing is that I am not interested in implementing my own indicator. What I want to do is use an external jar library where there are already implemented a bunch o indicators.

As far as I have been able to discover, it seems it is not possible to use any external jar.

Thanks

Administrator
    1167 Posts

unfortunately it is not that simple. The mode we use for computing indicators doesn’t allow for simple calling libraries like talib.

Our indicator snippets are called on every bar update, while talib uses model that calls one function that computes values on whole data, it is a different approach.

We ‘d have to add a special support for that, and I don’t think this is our priority at the moment.

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.