Mac Mini install

6 replies

Moon Li

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 1 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281405

Can the software be installed on Mac Mini(Contains m1 chip)?

Through my test, I found that it can be used normally on mac, but not on mac mini(Contains m1 chip).

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281418

Hello,

we also have M1 MAC available and SQX works well on M1 chip.

You can test SQX using our trial to verify whether all works for you before the purchase. Download the MAC version here https://api.strategyquant.com/downloads?code=sqxmac

Greg Pyles

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281551

I am still having issues with SQ on my M1 Mac mini after downloading the new version 137 Dev3.  Many of the dropdown boxes in the UI do not work.  They just do not show any change when they are clicked on. I have attached an image to show you an example.

16GB M1 Mac Mini with Ventura 13.2.1

Greg

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Tomas Vanek

Administrator, bbp_moderator, sq-ultimate, 19 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281554

Please try to download the latest build dev4 we have fixed some dropdown menus in this build. Just in case of any problem, open the task in our roadmap roadmap.strategyquant.com/

Tomas Vanek, founder of QuantMonitor.net, is a visionary in automated trading. Driven by a passion for efficiency in finance, he created QuantMonitor.net to offer robust, real-time monitoring solutions, simplifying trading strategy management for traders of all levels. His innovation is changing the landscape of algorithmic trading.

Greg Pyles

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281552

I just found a ‘fix’ for my issue with the drop-down not displaying.  On my M1 Mac if I go to Full Screen by clicking the Green full window button on the upper left of the window border then everything starts working correctly!

Greg

Yannick Wilson

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 1 replies.

Visit profile

2 months ago #284782

Hi @support

Will the CPU and GPU in the mac mini get used for data mining in SQX? Trying to workout which mac mini model makes the most sense. What RAM configuration is also required?

Best,

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 months ago #284865

Hi, SQX uses CPU only. GPU is only used to accelerate user interface

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)