Pip/Tick size and value for crypto

21 replies

CooleRnax

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241918

I don’t understand tick size and tick value settings.

Please provide the example for BTCUSD and ETHBTC.

If the settings are wrong how can it affect strategy generation process?

Richard Brennan

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 25 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267250

Agreed K.

It would be great if Strategy Quant created a table of conversions that are periodically updated.

I use Pepperstone and also Dukascopy for my testing and have had to do quite a bit of frustrating work to customise settings to trade CFDs and Crypto CFDs which in many instances are different to Dukascopy as is the UTC offset. It would be great if there was either a central resource on this forum or alternatively a script developed by SQX for MT4/MT5, Tradestation and Multicharts that could interrogate brokers data to obtain the settings directly to avoid the possibility of user error in application.

Rich B

Jason

Customer, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 69 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267251

Did you ever get help with this? I find it surprising there is very little discussion or help with Crypto strategies.

I remember struggling with setting instrument Pip/Tick size, step size and value when I first started using SQX. There’s hardly any info on it that I could find in the documentation.

Whilst its valid saying you have to find the values yourself, that wasn’t the issue for me. It was trying to work out how SQX required the inputs to be set and how it calculated the correct spreads etc.

For something that has such a huge impact on the results it should be defined in adequate detail. In fact a small note could be put in the instrument setting window itself.

PDI

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 17 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280117

I am really looking for updates for this topic as well. still haven’t found anything. I am using IC-Markets and MT5. For US500 I cannot find the correct Instrument-settings. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Patrick

Gin

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 95 replies.

Visit profile

1 month ago #285269

100% same

halvardu

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, 24 replies.

Visit profile

1 month ago #285272

I asked Gemini for the settings and got this answer:
<p data-sourcepos=”3:1-3:97″>For ETHUSD, the calculations for pip/tick size, point value in $, and pip/tick step are identical to ETHUSDT, with the exception of the quoted currency.</p>
<p data-sourcepos=”5:1-5:18″>Pip/Tick Size:</p>

<ul data-sourcepos=”7:1-8:0″>
<li data-sourcepos=”7:1-8:0″>Pip size: 0.0001

<p data-sourcepos=”9:1-9:21″>Point Value in $:</p>

<ul data-sourcepos=”11:1-12:0″>
<li data-sourcepos=”11:1-12:0″>Point value: 1 ETH * $0.0001 = $0.0001

<p data-sourcepos=”13:1-13:18″>Pip/Tick Step:</p>

<ul data-sourcepos=”15:1-16:0″>
<li data-sourcepos=”15:1-16:0″>Pip/tick step: $0.0001

halvardu

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, 24 replies.

Visit profile

1 month ago #285273

For ETHUSD, the calculations for pip/tick size, point value in $, and pip/tick step are identical to ETHUSDT, with the exception of the quoted currency.

Pip/Tick Size:

Pip size: 0.0001
Point Value in $:

Point value: 1 ETH * $0.0001 = $0.0001
Pip/Tick Step:

Pip/tick step: $0.0001

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

1 2