Portfolio Master Fitness Function

4 replies

Marcello Vieira

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #256134

Hi, I want to change the fitness function for portfolio master.

In the Monte Carlo Sim I want to add more simulations, and I want to optimize Ret/DD instead of netprofit.

C:\QuantAnalyzer4\extend\Snippets\com\strategyquant\extend\FitnessFunctions\MonteCarloSim.Java

I edited this file, but nothing happened.

Then just to test If I was editing the right file I did this:

public synchronized double computeFitness(SQResultsGroup resultsGroup, String sampleType) throws Exception  { return 1; }

And still, nothing changed. Portfolio Master was running just fine as if I havent changed nothing.

What do I have to do for chages in the code to be effective? Every time I close QuantAnalyzer and open again to test.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 678 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #256144

Hello,

did you compile the file after editing?

Marcello Vieira

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #256159

Yes, I did compile and restarted QA.
I could make it to do something. Instead of editing MonteCarloSim.java, I created a new file CustomMonteCarloSim.java and then my changes were there.

What is blocking me now is that I cannot find documentation on the functions. I do not know whant functions are available and what are the parameters and types.

Where can I find documentation?

Instead of getting the montecarlo for NetProfit, I want to opmize based on Return to DD ratio. So I did this:

ConfidenceLevelResults confidenceLevelResults = (ConfidenceLevelResults) Program.get(“MonteCarloConfidenceLevels”).call(“run”, settings);

MonteCarloStatValues result = confidenceLevelResults.get(90);

return result.getDouble(MCStatsConst.RET_DD_RATIO);

But this seems to always return 0. Because that is waht is printed besides each portfolio that is created.  It always print the fitness function result besides the portfolio, I only get zero with this code.

Tamas

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 73 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #256181

Predefined snippets cannot be changed. The correct way is to create a custom snippet as you did.

It returns 0 because there is a bug in snippet MCRetDDRatio (it should be calculated from MCStatsConst.MAX_DD, MCStatsConst.NET_PROFIT instead of PCT_NET_PROFIT. It will be fixed in the next release).

Please use the attached snippet where RetDDRatio is computed right in the MC fitness.

Tamas

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 73 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #256183

Here is a link to api doc https://strategyquant.com/qa_api/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)