STOP ORDER not correctly placed

4 replies

Csaba

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 110 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261891

Hello

Here is a very simple strategy. The pending order SHOULD BE placed in the same distance from the CLOSE.
But if I check it in MT4 and if I measure the distances, they are different.

Can it be, that it takes CLOSE + (for buy) and OPEN – (for sell)? Because normally it should be CLOSE + and CLOSE –

I know, that the code shows, that it is placed from the CLOSE but the test does not show the same. And if I use HIGH  or LOW it is the same.

And 1 more thing: the pending orders wont be replaced at every candle and I think the orders should be replaced according the actual values…

Thank you for your help.

Best regards
Csaba

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261898

how can be BUY and SELL stop be in the same distance, if the logic is this

(Close(Main chart)[1] + (1.30 * BB Width Ratio(Main chart,57, 2.6, PRICE_CLOSE)[1])) Stop;

and you are not opening the sell and buy in the same time – the difference is obvious, because of this (1.30 * BB Width Ratio(Main chart,57, 2.6, PRICE_CLOSE)[1]), it will be “always” different value

you have set Replacing pending orders: allowed; so with every candle close, the pending order should be moved by the current conditions

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Csaba

Visit profile

3 years ago #261919

Ohhh, how can I be so stupid….Pff… Thanks Hankey!
You are right, that the distances wont be the same, because the 2 orders wont be placed at the same time.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261920

sure and the price difference will be different for every candle, because you are using BB WIDTH indicator

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Csaba

Visit profile

3 years ago #261927

Yes… And I think, generally is good to use some volatility indicator for stop orders. Like BBWIDTH or BBRANGE. Because if the volatility decreases, the stop orders will “come closer” and so we have better chances to perform better in a breakout.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)