SQ4 dukascopy download in M1 possible?

4 replies

Christian Schranz

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 30 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #201690

It’s awsome to download the data history now directly in SQ4(B7) without a seperate tool like TickDowload.

The dowload for example EURUSD download very fast in tick data mode.

So when I don’t need the tick data details but only the M1 how can I change the seetings in SQ4 that I can download the data history in M1 format, any idea?

Or, that is my assumption, SQ4 take the tick data basis to trassform the data during the backtest in higher time frames?

Regards Chris

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #201707

Hello,

the current beta version always downloads tick data. We might add the option to download minute / hourly / daily data later if it will be possible

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #201716

Do not think it will be possible since the data downloaded is only available in tickdata format so you would still need to download it. However Tick downloader really have double files. First it store the highly compressed files from Duka and then when convert it to 1 min it first unpack the .bi5 tickfiles and then convert it another tickdata formate from which it makes it in to 1 min files which will take more then double space and time. Tickstory convert directly from the .bi5 files to 1 min files without any extra tick.cvs file created. That might require a rework of the conversion engine to fix I suppose.

Christian Schranz

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 30 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #201999

So for my understanding to fix this problem fast is to add the M1 TickData download file which I used in SQ3.8.2.

Then I can make an aeasier compare between SQ3 and SQ4.

Regards Chris

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #202000

In case of sq4 “in build” downloading data , we need  a time zone onverter. Otherwise it is a totally irrelevant tool in sq4

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)