StrategyQuant 3.8.2 – Custom code modification project

32 replies

Karish

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 444 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #201967

Project Preview:
As we all know, StrategyQuant is a great tool with huge possibilities and a great development environment for quants,
i have huge respect and cant be thankful enough for a software like this to be open for the average user,
you have to understand that tools like this are built and sold to closed groups and they are paying big sums for things like that,
so as a quant & programmer my self i have plenty respect to Mark Fric and his team for this tool and the community of quant that we have here on the official forum and on my Ryver team chat
trading is a very lonely business and it is great that we have over 100+ members that are sharing ideas and helping each other,
i am a very contributing person in this community as you may or may not know already,
so i am now willing to share my work and improved MQL4 code based on the latest official release of StrategyQuant version 3.8.2,

the thing is that the SQ Development team is so busy with working on the new version of StrategyQuant 4,
many things and bugs are left-out and not been updated, which is perfectly understandable from my side,
the new version of StrategyQuant 4 will be even more futuristic and will offer much more features and a greater professional working interment,
so because there are no current work going on on the current version StrategyQuant 3.8.2 i had to take this project on my self,

many things/bugs ware changed/fixed safety & performance ware also greatly improved, below i will present the full changelog of improvements and enhancements,
this changelog will be updated on the official topic i created on the forum:
OFFICIAL TOPIC: https://strategyquant.com/forum/topic/strategyquant-3-8-2-custom-code-modification-project/
there i will point-out all the progress and post the updates for the code,
each time the code changes i will notify about it on the official topic apointed to this project,

this project will be hopfuly improved by other members from our community but will need to be comfirmed first so that we will be having no errors and new bugs with the time,
please feel free to share suggestions on further improvements and enhancements of this project inside the official topic on the forum dedicated to this project,

also join in to our Ryver team chat group by writing your Email address as a reply in this topic:
RYVER INVITATION REQUEST: https://strategyquant.com/forum/topic/6754-official-community-team-chat-on-ryver-come-and-join-us-benefit-from-both-worlds
Join us to get more out of SQ and enhance your knowledge experience and skills!
would be cool to see you there with us too!

Best Regards, Arik.

Feel free to contact me:
RYVER – I am highly active on Ryver so there is no need to use other ways to contact me, but you can..
Forum PM – https://strategyquant.com/forum/user/8752-karish/
Email – [email protected]

//== Version 1.0 (Project officially published & started):

• // * All strategies with (Limit/Stop/Market) orders with Win% of under 50% are buged and wont work the same between SQ to MT4. – (prove me wrong)
    // Avoid this bug by heading to (“Building strategies > Settings > Ranking options > Add a criteria of Win%<=50”).
    //
    // * OrderClose was modified to close the order ASAP and not wait till the slippage is lower then setted by the parameter. – (for those who trade on a MarketMaker broker)
    //
    // * Every single Log move / Error is in much detail now.
    //
    // * when dropping the EA on a chart it will not only show you when for what Pair&TF the EA ment to be traded on,
    // but will automaticly change to the right Pair&TF by it self,
    // there is no possibility to change the Pair&TF back by an accsedent or so, so it is safe and wont trade on a different Pair&TF by mistake.
    //
    // * when dropping the EA on a chart it will show a red warning text on the chart if there are Bars<100 for indicators calculation porpoises & etc.
    //
    // * Automatic MagicNumber is set to each and every EA by default, no need to change each EA manually or checking if there are 2 or more EAs with the same MagicNumber, there is a unique MagicNumber to each and every EA based on the “.str” file name..
    //
    // * Each order is sending a request to the broker’s server before execution,
    // it’s done to eliminate errors and order’s failiur,
    // in addition to this, each and every order will retry the request until sucsess,
    // – OrderSend will try 20 retries each 2 sec it will retry once again and once more (20 times becuase we want to have the order still in our favor),
    // – OrderModify will try 200 retries each 2 sec it will retry once again and once more,
    // – OrderClose & OrderDelete will try 200 retries each 2 sec it will retry once again and once more.
    //
    // * Shows Spread when order has been opened.
    //
    // * MaxSpread was added, you can now choose your spread limitation just as with slippage limitation,
    // if the current spread is higher then the MaxSpread the order will be delayed and will be retried each 2 sec untill sucsess.
    //
    // * Orders became much safer, each order (MarketOrders/PendingOrders) comes with an automatic SL/TP by a must.
    //
    // * Ensures that all orders are closed at the end of the time range/Friday/end of the day.
    //
    // * and much more minor things ware done, cant remember them all XD.

Download here

Karish

Visit profile

6 years ago #201970

Forgot to mention that you need to drop & replace the old files into “StrategyQuant>code>” folder, enjoy and please participate so we could make it better, reply what features and stuff you would like to add and stuff like that.. 🙂

Karish

Visit profile

6 years ago #202047

Karish

Visit profile

6 years ago #202049

Version 1.2 (04.12.17):

* Added “Order’s execution duration in milliseconds”, each order will now show how long it took the order to be executed,
from the time it been request from the server till the time it got filled by the server (in milliseconds).

* Few minor bugs ware fixed.

* Performance speed was improved.

* Added some more Log move / Error details.

DOWNLOAD

Karish

Visit profile

6 years ago #202052

Updated,

DOWNLOAD

Karish

Visit profile

6 years ago #202088

Version 1.3 (05.12.17):
* Slippage is shown on each order made.
* few minor bugs ware fixed.

DOWNLOAD

Karish

Visit profile

6 years ago #202093

If the link above does not work use this link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OXs_0sVqmTODK4Ecl0tl64F8LwcTGtZK/view

Fx Mena

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 23 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #202111

Hello Mr Karish , I send you Private message

Topic: Trial period code MQ4 not work on EA with SQ3 ! need improvment please.

NOTE:

EA coded with StrategyQunat v3.x cannot be uploaded to Store Market on MQL5.com, they suggest to follow rules where i don’t really have the time or mind to understand .

Karish

Visit profile

6 years ago #202114

Cool idea i will add it to the code and re-upload, it is an easy one, also a “lock to specific account number” will be a good feature, ill make it later on,

any more interesting suggestions anyone..?

Karish

Visit profile

6 years ago #202125

Version 1.4 (06.12.17):

* One minor bug was fixed in relation with the error managment system.

* “ExpirationDate” feature added, allowing you to set an expiration date/trial period of the EA,
When the expiration date has been reached the EA will not work and show a message to contact the owner of the EA.

* In addition to the “ExpirationDate” feature another feature has been added called “LockToAccount”,
When “LockToAccount” feature set to “True” and the wanted account number has been set into “AccountNum” parameter,
The EA will only work for the selected account number, if the account number will be different from the setted account number in the parameter,
the EA will show a message to contact the owner of the EA.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14SJQGy0GrgEnQJqaOxV2rFu196Yp4rLv/view

Karish

Visit profile

6 years ago #202140

jmtc1230

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 19 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #202408

Karish – you rock.  Thanks for your input in this community.

Josh

Karish

Visit profile

6 years ago #202410

Karish – you rock. Thanks for your input in this community. Josh

Have fun mate,

there is a bug i found that shows the Slippage as a high value number, i will try to fix it, but other then that everything works awesomely.

Karish

Visit profile

6 years ago #202447

Version 1.5 (12.12.17):

* Major bug regarding closure of trades of previous day, trading with time range, and end of the day was found fixed.

* Orders are now showing the number of times that they been retried.

* Known bug Slippage in pips when orders are showing their debug msgs. – (Only a visual bug)

—–

DOWNLOAD HERE:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nCCARRDilxGebIZtMsWhzhNdmdrlNKgp/view

Karish

Visit profile

6 years ago #202448

jmtc1230

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 19 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #202480

Karish, How do manually set the magic number if I want to?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

1 2 3