The impact of Min. distance?

8 replies

eastpeace

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 305 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #248979

Hello, everyone,

What is the impact of the “Min. distance” in Test parameters?

Does it have the same meaning for MC or MT4?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #248987

Hello,

some brokers simply do not let you know place stop orders too close to the current market price. This setting is then used to match the broker’s.

If your broker’s min stop distance is 5 pips and current market price is let’s say 1.0000 then the closest price you can place an order at will be 1.0005 or 0.9995 alternatively

eastpeace

Visit profile

4 years ago #248999

Thanks, tomas262,

It’s very clear now.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #249000

in these times i dont know about broker which has this limitation – its a past behavior of brokers

but still you can use this setting, if you dont want strategies entering the pending orders too close to actual market price

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

AndrEAs SQ

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 44 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #254917

Hi guys, how can I check the minimum distance that my broker allows for each instrument? I use the IC markets, but I don’t see that information specified anywhere. Thank you!

AndrEAs

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #254925

https://www.icmarkets.com/sc/en/trading-accounts/overview

Order distance restriction – NONE

i dont know of any broker these times which has some limitation

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #254926

Actually i saw one the otherday. Windsor something cyprus based had 2 pip min distance.

eastpeace

Visit profile

4 years ago #254936

Another reason for the need to adjust the implementation of the initial stop loss and profit.

The strategy use indicator levels as stop loss.  The initial stop loss would become  a trailing stop loss or the indicator condition for exit.

This will weaken the effect of the exit rules(indicators condition for exit)  or the trailing stop method, or cause logical confusion.

//————————
// Orders Exits (SL, PT, Trailing) for Rule: Long entry
//————————
if(MarketPosition > 0) then begin
LongSLPlaced = false;
If BarsSinceEntry = 0 then begin
IntLongSL = 0;
IntLongTS = 0;
end;
// StopLoss
IntLongSL = Round2Fraction(SQ_EMA(High, EMAPeriod2)[3]);
IntLongSL = SQ_CorrectMinMaxSLPT(IntLongSL, MinimumSL, MaximumSL, true);
Sell(“LongSL”) next bar at IntLongSL stop;
LongSLPlaced = true;

As shown in the figure, if the initial stop loss runs in the correct logic, the middle stop loss should not happen.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

eastpeace

Visit profile

4 years ago #254937

Another reason for the need to adjust the implementation of the initial stop loss and profit. The strategy use indicator levels as stop loss. The initial stop loss would become a trailing stop loss or the indicator condition for exit. This will weaken the effect of the exit rules(indicators condition for exit) or the trailing stop method, or cause logical confusion. //———————— // Orders Exits (SL, PT, Trailing) for Rule: Long entry //———————— if(MarketPosition > 0) then begin LongSLPlaced = false; If BarsSinceEntry = 0 then begin IntLongSL = 0; IntLongTS = 0; end; // StopLoss IntLongSL = Round2Fraction(SQ_EMA(High, EMAPeriod2)[3]); IntLongSL = SQ_CorrectMinMaxSLPT(IntLongSL, MinimumSL, MaximumSL, true); Sell(“LongSL”) next bar at IntLongSL stop; LongSLPlaced = true; … As shown in the figure, if the initial stop loss runs in the correct logic, the middle stop loss should not happen.

Sorry, this should not appear in this post.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)