Not logged in
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • #238073 |
    Customer
    2 Posts

I note the Clone to Timezone function.. useful to ensure that I can test strategies on the same timeframe as my broker.

For strategies that I’ve already configured on the standard UTC timezone.. is it possible that I change the timezone in the EA? I’ve had a look at the EA settings and I can’t see if this is an option.

Or is there a simpler way to do this?

tomas262
    Administrator
    895 Posts

Hello,

if a strategy does not work with a time value there is no need to change anything basically.

If a strategy uses a specific time range to open trade you need to either modify the input parameter to offset the timezone shift or edit the MQL code manually

Customer
    85 Posts

i reccomend you to retest everything for the correct UTC, imagine building block as CLOSE DAILY, so every UTC will be different – its not so easy to tell if the results will be totally different, but its a question of building blocks…some building blocks are time dependent

:) You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM

Customer
    3 Posts

Yes I also recommend to always make sure your historical data is time synchronized with your broker data, do not forget to set DST properly as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.