Trading Live using Custom Timeframe Charts

0 replies

mpourdas

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 1 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281103

Hello,

I have generated strategies that are using timeframes that are not available from default at MT4 platform e.g. H2, H3, H7, H11 and other variations of the hourly timeframe. I have used the script “PeriodConverter” to generate the charts of these custom timeframes for different symbols and I preserved the hourly charts from which data is provided for these offline custom timeframe charts in order for them to be updated and work as a live chart would in the MT4 platform.

However when I migrate all these EAs and charts to the VPS MT4 to trade live, I see only 20 charts in the hosting, meaning that it is hosting only the custom timeframe charts and not the hourly charts from which the custom timeframe charts are getting data, and I fear that this way the custom timeframe charts which are being hosted on the VPS and on which I want to trade will not be updated.

Furthermore I want to know if anyone has experience trading live on custom timeframes not available in the default MT4 platform timeframes and if it is even possible on MT4 or on other platform like MT5.

Thanks in advance and I hope I described the situation adequately.