Not logged in
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>Application Support>Understanding difference from sqx to mt4 trading

• #262198 |
    Oliver
    Customer
    102 Posts

Hi

I have this strategy loaded onto trading acct and it has taken 10 trades in the last 2 weeks yet sqx has taken none. can anyone help me understand why its so vastly different?

Im wondering if there a bug in the code? not being a coder i would have no idea

thanks in advance

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Oliver
    Customer
    102 Posts

here is the csv file from fx blue over the last 2 weeks

Attachments:
    Customer
    584 Posts

trading GOLD as CFD is a little bit tricky, but everything could be set properly – first thing, why your price in backtest has 3 decimals? so you are using setting 0.001/0.01?

did your broker has really 3 decimal point GOLD – i know only 1 broker with 3 decimal poing GOLD and thats the Admiral Markets

every other broker i use has only 2 decimals

BTW – slippage 10 for gold is not enought, i am using 40

here is for example 1 gold strategy – and the backtest (black line) is accurate with a MT platform trades (red line) – but for gold i am using setting 0.01/0.01 because my brokers has only 2 decimal points CFD contract

Attachments:

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 1500+ final SQ3 and SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

Oliver
    Customer
    102 Posts

good spot.not sure why i had a pip/tick step of 0.001.

yeah im happy with the strategies from the aspect of slippage i have used them to be as high as 70 when randomizing slippage and 40 also when testing all history.

Customer
    49 Posts

Curious, Oliver: after you corrected the decimal oversight, did you see consistency between sqx and mt4?

Oliver
    Customer
    102 Posts

no none.  ive replaced the strategy now. to avoid the uncertainty. thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.