Using a custom column as a custom indicator

0 replies

Jairo

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 1 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #277568

Hi,

I’m trying to use a custom indicator which changes for every symbol and it must be imported externally. Using a “external indicator” on Data Manager works fine, but it only serves the purpose of testing a single symbol. I want to have the external indicator associated with a specific symbol, because I’m trying to create a strategy from template.

Let’s say I want to use Open Interest, namely “OI” (or any other custom indicator), that is associated with a symbol. Every symbol has the same indicator name “OI”, referring to the same thing, but the values changes for each symbol. If I want, for example, to buy when OI is above 1000, I want to buy only the symbols that have OI above 1000. How can I do that if I’m using the builder with “backtest on additional markets” as cross check? When making the template I can’t choose individually each OI for each symbol. Right now, what I can do with external indicators is a generic indicator that would be called for any symbol.

One possibility would be to add the indicators as custom columns for each symbol, just like there is OHLC and Volume, but by now we can’t add a custom column. Another workaround, which I couldn’t make, is using somehow the function “Custom Function” inside custom blocks, to try to call Symbol() to check if we are dealing with the needed symbol manually, but with no success also.

Are there any new options on this?

Thanks.