Walk Forward Matrix

5 replies

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237088

Hi,

Maybe I’m death wrong but after countless hours and trials, running several optimizations on several strategies in SQ3 and SQX comparing results – that would have been much easier if there was a good documentation by the way. I’m pretty sure SQX doesn’t work well on the WFM Optimization. I’ve reported a bug: https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_3621

Daniel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 36 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237118

Yes, I am also missing some good documentation that describes this WFM process in detail. Would be great if we can put little bit more attention to the WFM features.

Only really very few strategies passes my 50% WFM Net Profit stability threshold in SQX (maybe only 1 from 100 strategies that passed already every other Monte Carlo Checks). In SQ3 I had more (like 10 from 100).

DP

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237145

Thanks for adding the detailed information into our roadmap. It will be investigated. Extended documentation is also being prepared together with courses & tutorials. It will soon become available

Daniel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 36 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237184

Is it somehow possible to load a sqx strategy into sq3 to perform the WFM test there?

DP

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237187

no

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237190

Hey, geffect. At first I had the same intention; “let me save it on SQ3 format and I’ll take it from there to this final test”. I tried but as kankeys said that’s not possible because the STR format (SQ3) just saves the list of trades or at least that’s what you see when you open it from SQ3. You loose all the logic inside the strategy so that’s not an option.

Just wait until this bug was fixed

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)