WFM Evaluation (from Algo Course)

5 replies

Daniel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 36 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260374

Hi,

I am going through the Algo course and watching the chapter 6.19 WFM – Evaluation at the moment.

In my settings if I choose Avg Profit /day and WF Stability, I always get a Zero result, I attached a photo. The first photo is a screenshot from the Algo video, the second photo my settings.

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

DP

Daniel

Visit profile

3 years ago #260384

Looks like my Avg. Profit per day with WF Stability 5 is always Zero..

DP

Oliver

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 121 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260386

Hmm

does the strategy trade every day? also why choose average profit per day? normally you would want  a few metrics to compare

if you post the strategy maybe it will help us understand why your getting the result

Daniel

Visit profile

3 years ago #260388

Ît happens with every strategy and also if I set Avg Profit per Year.. just following the Video Course from Stategyquant where the recommendation is to look at Avg Profit per day.. I can remember that in SQ3 we looked at WF Net Profit.

Just wondering why.

Here attached are the WF Results, maybe you can try to select and display Avg Profit per day?

Thanks

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

DP

Oliver

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 121 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260389

Yeah looks like a bug in the latest version 128. maybe if you try the version in the course it may work.

I dont use the wfm  personally. when using your strategy with other strategies you will get better metrics assuming they are un correlated and using good money management.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260416

Hello,

yes, this is a known issue that has been already resolved into the next update. We plan to release the version 129 this week

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)