Not logged in
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>General Discussion>XAUUSD is hard to get new strategies in same setting

• #240086|
    Customer
    23 Posts

Hi all,

I use a setting to generated strategies in EURUSD & GBPJPY

It’s works fine

per 30 minutes one strategy at least

But when put that setting to generate strategies in XAUUSD, over 6 hours, there is no any strategies generated

i found that the most strategies is failed at additional market in cross-check.

Additional market here i use different time from build stage as second and  third OOS test

ex:

2003-2017 used by build stage

2017-2018 additional market 1

2018-2019 additional market 2

the filter is only return/DD need to greater than 0.25 for both additional market test

It seems that strategies generated is very hard to forecasting the XAUUSD market behavior in future

when you guys see that you are very hard to generate strategies, what would you do?

any suggestion?

Customer
    385 Posts

XAUUSD is very easy.  You need to change stop and target size .  Try and use  500-2000.  It is the same as 50-200 on Eurusd well in most cases and  it is probably the reason why You do not finding any strategies.

Customer
    23 Posts

it’s no any limit in my setting, i use range 30 – 10000 pips

Is it that influence that SQX hard to generate the strategy passed my filter?

tomas262
    Administrator
    1116 Posts

Hi, what additional market do you use to verify XAUUSD strategies?

Customer
    23 Posts

It’s XAUUSD, just use different start time & end time as i post

ex:

2003-2017 used by build stage

2017-2018 additional market 1

2018-2019 additional market 2

Customer
    197 Posts

if you build on whole 14 years and as a OOS you are using only 2 years of data – this is nonsense – you are oveoptimizing the backtest

build for example only on 3 years of data as IS, anything else leave as OOS

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo account SQX demo acc. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.