Good Equity Chart

3 replies

stearno

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 379 replies.

Visit profile

10 years ago #111820

We want to test the robustness by how a strategy works with another currency or timeframe.  But what is acceptable?  I think it would be obvious if both are perfect equity lines, but what have you found is an acceptable equity line in reality?

I have attached some examples.

-Stearno

Stormin_Norman

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 36 replies.

Visit profile

10 years ago #123171

I don’t buy the idea that all currency pairs should have same system. Especially with the current simple building blocks we have available.

Even long/short is different on the same pair as it is often brought about by different things. EG on the EURUSD longs are usually more stable, gradual climbs resulting from general dovish feelings and the shorts are dramatic and violent reaction to hawkish news.

I like the curve on your 1st strategy picture. I assume too that it is using money management?

How do I attach pictures? I can only link hosted ones it seems, so I can upload some of my own.

"To be or not to be? That is the qu3stinn" - Monkey on the typewriter

stearno

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 379 replies.

Visit profile

10 years ago #123179

@Stormin

Yes, it was using MM.  

Maybe you are right.  I don’t know yet.   I guess best way is to test it and develop your strategies and then try on a live market.

When you post, look at the bottom-right and you will see “More Reply Options”.  Then you can upload pictures.

-Stearno

Stormin_Norman

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 36 replies.

Visit profile

10 years ago #123181

Here are the ones that I have come up with so far. New user so still fully getting to grips with how the SQ operates.

EURUSD

AUDUSD

GBPUSD

What I’d like to know, is there a way to have separate money management values on the different strategies when adding them to the collective profile? Currently the drawdowns on the different strategies aren’t equal. I’d love to have each with a maximum of x% drawdown but have tried and can’t figure out if it is possible to have different MM settings on each strategy in a portfolio … anyone know if it is possible?

"To be or not to be? That is the qu3stinn" - Monkey on the typewriter

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)