Not logged in
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>Application Support>Issue with SQ v3.6.3 (retest and save strategy)

  • #112284 |
    Customer
    2 Posts

    Hello Mark,

     

    I stopped the “build strategies” process after having 2.000 strategies in the databank. I then shrinked the amount to about 300 strategies remaining in the databank that I moved to “Retest strategies” area. When starting the retest process it ended up in error messages such as “08:23 INFO Testing Strategy 13.40 – Error when testing Strategy 13.40, strategy skipped. Check log file for more information.  …..   1.919 s.”.

    After that I was about to save these startegies as I wanted to restart SQ and loading them again for retest. It wouldn’t let me save the strategies either (for example “08:26 SEVERE Save strategy failed!”). However, I still found them in the SQ installation folder TestStrategy\test and was able to recover them.

     

    Please find attached the log file and settings used.

     

    Best regards,

    Steffen

    Attachments in this forum are visible only for registered users.
    Attachments in this forum are visible only for registered users.
    #125042
    Mark Fric
    Administrator
    1182 Posts

    Hello,

     

    we’ll look at this issue,there were two separate problems which could however be related:

     

    1. there seem to me some inconsistency in your data file for EURJPY, where do you have these data from?

    Please try to delete the data and reimport it again, it should work then. Let me know if you still have the retesting error after data reimport.

     

    2. the orders file for some of the strategies was lost, probably deleted when it shouldn’t – that’s why you had problem saving them.

    It could be related to the problem 1) – when there was problem testing the strategy it could also cause it to not write any order files.

    Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

    #125635
    Customer
    2 Posts

    Hello Mark,

    I am using Dukascopy data in conjunction with Tickdata downloader. I deleted the data of that symbol and reimported them again (as you recommended) as the error disappeared. So it seems a data inconsistency caused this. However, it happend with a different symbol as well as I did the same again. So far there is no persisting problem.

    Thank you for the support.
    Best regards,
    Steffen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.