Trouble with custom indy proceedure

12 replies

Batch

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 398 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #112290

Hi, anyone successfully doing auto custom indy importing?
If so, need your help. My v600+ mt4 won’t hold the 1min fhdb 1min data despite forcing it to try logging in with bad acct#. Upon rebooting its messed-up.
Will 1min imported be ok for an auto c-indy importing job for 15min & 1hr TF’s?

Batch

Visit profile

9 years ago #125044

Hi, to go over this thoroughly,
I’m trying to import 1min fhdb eurusd data from SQ into mt4 so that I can do custom indies again someday. I’m having that imported data get messed-up when I reboot mt4. Custom indy importing requires mt4 to boot up from off. The data does stay when not rebooting mt4 and simply closing and re-opening history center. Mark told me to post on forum to get others to help so I have herein. Maybe someone here has some notion as to what’s going on?
Am not sure this is something awry with v600+ versions of mt4.

Saying thoroughly……first I login on a no good acct# so that data isn’t being downloaded from demo broker servers, then if there is 1min data history I delete it all by turning on Shift, then clicking top row and going to bottom row and clicking that so that all data is selected and then click delete, then import the fhdb file.

As I say, not sure there isn’t a problem for v600+ in maintaining data once rebooted. Hope either someone else or Mark can help orrrrrr……. validate that this is a bug for operating c-indy importing.

Thank you.
————————
Jerry

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #125080

Hello Jerry,

if I understand it correctly the problem is that MT4 doesn’t keep the data you imported to it?

What exactly does it do? Delete them and replace them with its own data? Then it seems that MT4 is not offline an dcan connect.

The easiest way tomake MT4 offline is to go to Tools -> Options -> Server tab, check “Enabe proxy server”, then click on Proxy… button and enter localhost as server.

Then after restarting MT4 should be offline and you can import custom data. You can make it online again by disabling proxy.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Batch

Visit profile

9 years ago #125089

Mark,
That equally does well for keeping mt4 logged-out when rebooting but the backdata that was imported before rebooting has it first date (2007, fhdb) showing as 2013 after having rebooted. Not sure if this is something to look into for latest v600 mt4’s, maybe so. I’ve tried it in a few mt4’s now. Hope you can find the problem. Thx Mark.

Batch

Visit profile

9 years ago #125091

Further for above post, thought cranking up the limit on history size to 1,000,000 would help, it didn’t! Was surprised, thought for sure that was it, but no. Looked at the “about”, its build 646.

Mark Fric

Visit profile

9 years ago #125113

Hello,

you mentioned that you import data before logging off, maybe that’s the problem.

I tested it right now on Alpari demo MT4 (build 646) – first I logged off, then imported data from FHDB since 2000.

It stayed there after restarting MT4, I didn’t do anything special.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Batch

Visit profile

9 years ago #125115

I apologize if it sounded like I imported data before logging-off, that’s not the case. Had been logged-off and imported then rebooted and most years of 1min data gone thereafter! Even cranked up history size, no difference.

Mark Fric

Visit profile

9 years ago #125179

Hello Jerry,

I really don’t know how to help you, do you have the MT4 configured correctly?

There is an important setting in MT4 Tools -> Options -> Charts -> Max bars in history, set it to 2147483647

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Batch

Visit profile

9 years ago #125184

I presume you mean just a large value, just tried 10,000,000 and problem remains, lose most years of 1min data upon rebooting.

Is there a way for SQ to not depend on mt4 booting-up from off? Then there wouldn’t be a problem.

Configuration? It’s simply downloaded and installed from a broker. Could it be a bug from broker? What broker you use to test with mt4 Mark? Perhaps I should try that one?

Batch

Visit profile

9 years ago #125195

Got a idea/suggestion that would work Mark! When SQ brings-up mt4 in auto c-indy function simply not have SQ hit RUN, instead have a window popping up saying “mt4 is ready to do c-indy run + importing, please check or fix your data in history and if it’s ok then hit run, hitting ok now will not hit run”.

What do you say Mark? It be SUCH a MINOR mod that would help re-instate auto c-indy importing for myself and anyone else who might run into this problem.

As I say, what could I be doing wrong, nothing! It has to be certain broker mt4 has this problem. I’ve done this procedure hundreds of times before these later SQ updates w/o such a problem.

Besides, its not a bad idea to do a last minute inspection of the data just after booting-up and just before running the tester. This is a minor mod that would make sense.

Hope you can help, thanking you ahead Mark.

Truly,
Jerry

Batch

Visit profile

9 years ago #125206

Tried again with different broker Mark, IBFX. Still same problem, even tried different pair gbpusd 1min from SQ this time, no go. Tired of seeing same different earliest date of 10/28/2013 upon rebooting. Did check proxy to make sure mt4 is logged-off before importing and rebooting. The above post suggests a solution to this mystery. Perhaps there is not enough folks using c-indy feature to encounter this problem yet? It seems you’re not having a problem with your Alpari demo mt4, mysterious. I don’t feel at this point that the two broker v600+ mt4’s I’ve tried will point to trying Alpari demo also. Perhaps there is further detail as to importing/rebooting?
But it be best to have tiny mod in above post.
Jerry

Mark Fric

Visit profile

9 years ago #125234

Hello Jerry,

unfortunately it is not that simple with the mod you requested. MT4 can be automatically started, but it cannot be controlled to display some dialog or control its data.

If automatic import isn’t working for you why don’t you try the manual import. You just have to run an EA on your MT4 that exports all the data, an example EA is located in:

{StrategyQuant}\custom_indicators\mt4\GenBuilder_IndicatorExportEA.mq4

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Batch

Visit profile

9 years ago #125248

Hi Mark,

I **MAY** ultimately end up doing manual, in meantime for the multiplicity of c-indies its better if auto can still be had, thank you.

You say: “MT4 can be automatically started, but it cannot be controlled to display some dialog or control its data.”
I’m not suggesting mt4 be controlled to display dialog or control its data, so there’s been a mis-understanding.

Is not the boot-up of mt4 a different control output from SQ than the “RUN” button control? If its the same in one control as in “boot-up & start test” and there is no separate output from SQ to do those two things separately, then I would concur that what I’m suggesting is not possible. However, since I have seen myself having to hit RUN button separately after mt4 got boot-up (due to one recent version’s quirk) it is obviously a simple thing to have SQ popup a small window with an ok button saying “if you like, double check your backdata now and when it looks ok hit ok here and hit RUN on mt4 tester”. How hard is this for SQ to dialog? It’s nothing.
You already have some detection that waits for file to be completed as to commence import into SQ, therefore this indefinate wait period can be used to allow our manual double-checking of the backdata AND THEN hit RUN. Follow? Or am I missing something?
The mod is so miniscule yet so important as there’s evidence of random data alteration from mt4 boot-up, hope you understand and appreciate.
Thank you.
Truly,
Jerry

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)