How / Where to set parameters to optimize my EA Parameters

3 replies

birdy70

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 25 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #112313

Hello Mark,

I want to know, what I have to type in, to be able to optimize the parameters for my Strategy and my Money Management Parameters (TP, SL, move SL to Breakeven, Breakeven add Pips)? I would be very glad, if you could tell me with an example, where to type in these rules.

Best regards

birdy70

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #125174

Hello,

to be able to optimize these parameters you have to make them real EA parameters. For example if you want to optimize TP:

1. create new parameter TP with type double in Strategy Parameters. Set its value to yur default TP value and make sure it has Configurable checked.

2. use this variable instead of the fixed number in the Enter at Market function. You can click on the […] button in the Profit Target line and choose ‘Use from variable’ or use a Formula if your TP is more complicated.

That’s all, now you created new EA parameter that can be optimized in MT4.

You can add the other parameters in the same way.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

birdy70

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 25 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #125202

Hello Mark,

thanks for your answer. I have a Tab “Strategy parameters” in the first Tab, where I can create and edit my strategy first. Could you tell me please with an example, what to type in, if I want to optimize the following parameters:

1. my Indicators

2. time when EA should start and end trading at daytime

3. Moneymanagement (StopLoss, TakeProfit, Set StopLoss to Breakeven, Breakeven add pips)

It would be great, if you could help me with that. It would be great too, to get a fix example in EAW of a strategy, with has these Basic Rules integrated.

Best Regards,

Birdy70

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #125214

Hello,

there are examples of this in almost every sample strategy. For example in EMA Cross sample (from Home screen) the parameters for FastEMAPeriod, SlowEMAPeriod

and Magic numbers are made as parameters, so they can be optimized in MT4.

To optimize anythign you simply have to make parameters for the values you want to optimize, and then use these parameters in your indicators or money management rules instead of using fixed values.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)