Buffers not correctly recognized by EA Wizard

4 replies

Mike H.

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 76 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #112532

Hello Mark and Everyone,

I attached a Highest/Lowest Type of Custom Indicator…

I tried using Highest & Lowest Custom Indicators in the EA Wizard Condition Dialog Box, but I need buffers to work with my EAs…

I am trying to use the attached Custom Indicator, but the EA Wizard only writes zeros for the buffers, no matter what buffers I select…

I like my Custom Indicator because it draws the lines on the charts, in straight lines, not jagged lines…

I added 2 buffers which shows me specific straight line deviations from highest & lowest as well as highest & lowest lines…

I can add external settings for the MT4 platform Custom Indicator Dialog Boxes, but I choose not to at this time…

I need to get my EAs to use the buffers… The MT4 platform recognizes the buffers in Data, on the zero bars only, which is all I need…

I tested in DEMO account, but trades open outside my buffer parameters, which means my EAs are not using the buffers.

No matter how I manually change the buffers in the Editor, my EAs are still opening trades outside my buffer parameters…

I thought about using the “Make my EA” section of this forum, but that section seems to be very inactive…

I would pay to have the buffers recognized…

Can anyone help? Maybe some additional code needs to be added into my Custom Indicator…

Mike H.

Visit profile

9 years ago #126128

Sorry if I wasted anyone’s time… Got some time today (Friday) to take another look at the Custom Indicator and saw some bad code…

I used this CI a couple years ago… The strategy I developed at that time did not work very well, which must be the reason why I did not look the CI over very well…

Corrected it and strategy was able to open trades within the buffer parameters…

However, the EA Wizard was still unable to correctly assign the correct buffers… I had to correct the buffers within the EA code…

I will give it a better trial run next week…

This is a kind of EA which cannot be tested in a MT4 platform tester because it uses different time frames…

Therefore, it can only be tested in real time…

Mike H.

Visit profile

9 years ago #126158

I know that the Wizard recognizes the buffers, but why does the code get written as 0(zero) regardless of which buffer I select in the Conditions Dialog Box ?

&& ((Ask < CICheck(iCustom(NULL, 60, "(0.00111-0.00234)", 0, 0)))

&& ((Bid > CICheck(iCustom(NULL, 60, “(0.00111-0.00234)”, 0, 0)))

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #126184

Don’t you use some very old version of EA Wizard?

When I test it it works correctly:

if (((sqIsBarOpen == true) 
      && (sqCICheck(iCustom(NULL, 0 , “(111)(0.00111-0.00234)dollar”, 0, 1)) > sqCICheck(iCustom(NULL, 0 , “(111)(0.00111-0.00234)dollar”, 1, 1)))))

Do you see the correct output value in th eTrading Rules screen?

Note also that the function name is sqCICheck() and not CICheck() in my code.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Mike H.

Visit profile

9 years ago #126244

Thank You Mark, I reinstalled the version 2.0.1 and the buffers get written correctly !!!

Today is Monday, I will see if my EA strategy uses the buffers as intended…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)