Checking if the higher TF is in the same direction

2 replies

michaelk

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 2 replies.

Visit profile

11 years ago #110793

Hi,

I am playing with the EMA cross strategy sample and I have a couple questions / things to check:

Market Position Flat: basically this is a boolean that defines if there are any open positions (long or short), is that right?

And here is the big question:

how can I check if the higher timeframe is in the same direction as the current timeframe of my EA?
Suppose the EA runs on a 15 minute timeframe and when the "above" EMA cross happens (potentially a long position), how do I check if 1H timeframe is long?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Michael

P.S. The program is really simple and user friendly, great job!

michaelk

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 2 replies.

Visit profile

11 years ago #120668

Solved

how can I check if the higher timeframe is in the same direction as the current timeframe of my EA?
Suppose the EA runs on a 15 minute timeframe and when the “above” EMA cross happens (potentially a long position), how do I check if 1H timeframe is long?

Turned out to be really simple: If Open price is smaller than the Close price of 1H bar…

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

11 years ago #120676

I’m glad you found it out 🙂

Market Position Flat: basically this is a boolean that defines if there are any open positions (long or short), is that right?

yes, Market Position can be either Long, Short or Flat (it means there’s no open position)

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)