Risk Management Stopped Working!

31 replies

DiggerOfTruth

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 65 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #113796

HELP! The Risk Managment is on but despite what I do, the EA is placing all orders at 0.01.

What is going on?

DiggerOfTruth

Visit profile

8 years ago #132749

I unchecked the S/L Required and now all new strategies are using the fixed 1 lot if no MM even though the Risk Management is chosen.

What is happening?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132750

“SL is required” should be check. If its not then SQ sets Lots if no MM as position size

I tried to replicate your issue but couldn’t. SQ calculates size properly when % risk is set

You can upload SQ settings file here

DiggerOfTruth

Visit profile

8 years ago #132751

Tomas:  Do you read what you post??

First you say, UNcheck the SL is Required, then u say it should be checked! 

(I have attached separately generated settings showing the either 1 or 100 lots with Risk Mngmt not working.)

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #132807

Sorry for misunderstanding. I really meant that if you DON’T use “SL Required” then “Lots if no MM” value is used. I will check what you attached

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #133390

SQ is working properly here. If I use in Build – Settings – Strategy Options – SL is Required “unchecked” SQ will use “Lot if no MM” size for each trade.

Once I check “SL is Required” SQ will calculate risk and position size as 2 % of account size for each trade.

DiggerOfTruth

Visit profile

8 years ago #133392

SQ is working properly here. If I use in Build – Settings – Strategy Options – SL is Required “unchecked” SQ will use “Lot if no MM” size for each trade.

Once I check “SL is Required” SQ will calculate risk and position size as 2 % of account size for each trade.

Try it in IMPROVE STRATEGIES. The Risk Management is not based on the 10,000 capital size it says it is. (It appears to use the former total of the strategy itself to start.)

Karish

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 443 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133406

i was trying that too, with 100$ capital with even 10% MM and it didnt work, i remember that i change the 100$ to 10,000$ or so and it did worked for me,

thats odd though..

seaton

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 161 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133411

@KArish if you use too small an equity then the smallest lot sizing for % will always be 0.01 which for the account size may be greater than the risk set.   There is no way out of it for smaller accounts other than live with the risk increase until your equity gets to a point where the lot sizing resolution in MM will no longer be a problem.  But should really eb trading with enough equity in the account so the resolution is not a problem. (or change to a micro account)

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #133436

Try it in IMPROVE STRATEGIES. The Risk Management is not based on the 10,000 capital size it says it is. (It appears to use the former total of the strategy itself to start.)

I tried. It calculates position size correctly and accordingly to what I set as ‘Capital Size’ in case I use ‘SL Required’ in Improve Strategies -> Strategy Options.

But if I load settings you uploaded I see ‘FIXED SIZE’ selected in Improve Strategies -> Money Management but setting file should keep MM setting you used (if you used correctly Risk Fixed %)

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #133457

not working for me even with 25% risk with 10,000…

RJL

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 67 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133837

Please see attached.

I’m running this and other strategies on a live account, however all new trades are still being opened at 0.01 lots.

Can you please advise what is wrong with my settings or whether or not this is a bug?

I basically want to trade using a user defined and fixed lot size, in this case 0.02.

I’m hoping it’s my settings as otherwise I have a load of strategies that require source editing!

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #133838

* THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE STRATEGY WAS BUILT WITH NO REQUIRED SL/TP SELECTED.

RJL

Visit profile

8 years ago #133839

All my strategies are built with SL and TP required, so this can’t be it.

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #133846

RJL, send me your EA to [email protected] and I will check MM settings

RJL

Visit profile

8 years ago #133853

Sent.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

1 2 3