EXIT RULE in MT4 problem!!

18 replies

Gaudio Fx

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 22 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114590

Hello,
I am contacting you because I have a big problem that arises in many circumstances in generating strategies and improvement strategies
The problem that reflected many times, is the following:
when I check the “Exit Rule (price + + operators indicators …)”, strategyquant in specific conditions, using a very good solution as this example that I give you below:
these are the conditions of exit strategyquant
and this is what happens instead of metatrader4
both short position in this case have the output conditions before the entry because the volume is greater than the avarage 50 (red line) and MetaTrader opens and closes at the same time.
This, however, ‘does not happen in strategyquant, as is assumed that the output condition must be initiated only at the close of the candle of entry
It would be like saying that the condition of exit is at the close of the candle of entry and this, in many circumstances it is very good. but metatrader not happen and opens and closes at the same time without waiting for the finalization of the candle, as happens in strategyquant, giving me good results
how do I make it clear to metatrader that must wait for the closing of the candle of entry and then activate the exit rules as strategyquant?
thank you very much
PS:
THE LOGICAL THAT I USE IS NOT GOOD FOR TRADING..BUT THE QUESTION IS THE SAME
it is not logical I know .. but it was just an example .. is the concept that I think is important, or whether the ‘exit rule is active before the opening of trade, WHY in metatrader4 is active at the same time opening while on strategyquant is active only in closing candle ????? .. THIS IS tHE QUESTION… not for logical exemple exit… 

i can change this exit rule with one more logical same this:

but if this condition is true before order, in metatrader the close is at same point to open ..but in strategyquant the close is after the candle close!! .. i want the same condition in MT4..IT’S POSSIBLE?

Gaudio Fx

Visit profile

8 years ago #135670

Yup, with tick-data backtesting though, SQ opens and closes the order within 2 ticks as well, just like MT4 does.

no my friend,this is not right!.. the close position arrive  when the “candle opening” is close,and not with 2 ticks.

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135671

Yup, with tick-data backtesting though, SQ opens and closes the order within 2 ticks as well, just like MT4 does.

My testing of SQ shows you are not correct.  Even with real tick resolution, SQ always closes the order after 1 bar, not 2 ticks.  MT4 opens and closes on the same tick.

Gaudio Fx

Visit profile

8 years ago #135673

My testing of SQ shows you are not correct.  Even with real tick resolution, SQ always closes the order after 1 bar, not 2 ticks.  MT4 opens and closes on the same tick.
correct!
is not there some way to fix the writing directly from strategyquant?
I’m not good in manually dial and add writings and for that reason I want to change this problem directly from strategyquant on “edit –trading rules” and “exit long” sections and “exit short” add logic
in this case, you can tell me, how to compose the logic in addition?
thanks again!!

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

1 2