Create multiple custom indicators with EA

2 replies

copinet

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 4 replies.

Visit profile

11 years ago #111184

Goodnight’m new to create expert advisor, know nothing about programming so got the quant EA Strategy, but I have many doubts about how to build a custom indicators using EA to buy when the indicator give buy signal and sell when the indicator signal for sale, my first doubt is about the field “output value” whens added a custom indicator Profx01 as it indicates that field values ‘‹’‹g_ibuf_108, 112, 116, 120, 124 and 128, where the correct value should I leave the field “output value “for the EA buy when the indicator indicates high value and which to let go when the gauge indicates low? What I also put a condition to correct for EA when you buy two indicators indicate high? I will use a single EA 3-5 custom indicators. I would also like the option of being able to activate and deactivate some indicators. As I proceed, I appreciate any help. I ask you to excuse my bad english I’m using an electronic translator.

Lezzlee

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 9 replies.

Visit profile

11 years ago #121691

Goodnight’m new to create expert advisor, know nothing about programming so got the quant EA Strategy, but I have many doubts about how to build a custom indicators using EA to buy when the indicator give buy signal and sell when the indicator signal for sale, my first doubt is about the field “output value” whens added a custom indicator Profx01 as it indicates that field values ‘‹’‹g_ibuf_108, 112, 116, 120, 124 and 128, where the correct value should I leave the field “output value “for the EA buy when the indicator indicates high value and which to let go when the gauge indicates low? What I also put a condition to correct for EA when you buy two indicators indicate high? I will use a single EA 3-5 custom indicators. I would also like the option of being able to activate and deactivate some indicators. As I proceed, I appreciate any help. I ask you to excuse my bad english I’m using an electronic translator.

In short.. it looks like you got some decompiled indicators without the original source. You should find out on your own what variable is for what..

Then, EA Wizard can of course use the values you specify and you can chain the conditions with “and” / “or” .. As for deactivating indis.. just create multiple similar Rules and add one more condition with a variable with which you choose which Rule gets evaluated.

That’s my two cents…

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

11 years ago #121706

hi, 

when you are importing indicator to EA Wizard, you can rename the output values to something meaningful. Output values ar ein teh same order as yousee them in MetaTrader Data Window, 

and it seems the last two values of ProFx indicator show uptrend or downtrend.

Grey line is the last output value

Green line is the value before last

So you can create a rule to test if the last value of your indicator is > 0, then you know you are in downtrend.

Mark

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)