A recommendation for VPS for trading – Virmach

9 replies

Ilya

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 105 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238513

Hi guys, it’s not directly related to SQ or algotrading, but I must share this one option I found for a VPS to run your mt4 terminals. I used Contabo & Hetzner servers in the past, but Contabo ended up being pricer than I wanted and Hetzner crashed every 2-3 weeks or so, due to a different reason every time..

I came upon this offer in the following link, that is called “KVM special 3”:

https://virmach.com/special-offers

In short, for a NY based VPS, that goes for a Total of $31.50 USD per year (!), you get:

– 3GB RAM
– 2x vCPU
– 40GB SSD (RAID 10)
– 3TB Bandwidth
– 2/10Gbps uplink
– 1x Dedicated IPv4
– KVM/SolusVM
– Windows Server OS

I’m running 2 of their VPS with 5 mt4 terminals each for 2 months now, and it’s flawless. No crashes, low ping and latency, and all my strategies have smooth execution.

I am not affiliated with them and the above link has no connection to my username. I just thought that a 30$/year Windows vps with good specs (as far as simple mt4 terminals running goes) is something I need to share.

Ilya

Mario Gordon

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238531

WOW thanks for your recommendation!! However, the current annual price is $45

Ilya

Visit profile

5 years ago #238537

WOW thanks for your recommendation!! However, the current annual price is $45

Hi, if you choose Buffalo NY VPS, you’ll get additional 13$ off at checkout 🙂

Ilya

coensio

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 106 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238539

Good one! What is contract duration, minimum 12 months?

This is a false statement.

Timo

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238542

Hi All

I’m newbie and buildin my first portfolio and looking for VPS service. Is there any practical differences for strategies in timeframes between m15-D1 if the VPS in in brokers premises or just general VPS service is good enough?

Thanks

Timo

portfolio

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238536

Hi Guys,

just want to share my VPS Hoster http://www.chocoping.com. I use them for 2 years. No crash or reboots during the week. It cost me $23/month (choco GB) and I run 24 MT4 Platform at a time.

Ilya

Visit profile

5 years ago #238849

Good one! What is contract duration, minimum 12 months?

Sorry for the late response. Yep 12 months for this option.

Ilya

Ilya

Visit profile

5 years ago #239273

Just updating that the offer is still available and their servers are flawless for me.

Ilya

BobFrancis

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 1 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #278423

Recommendations for forex VPS for trading are:

• DedicatedCore
  • DomainRacer

These are the companies with rich features of forex VPS hosting and excellent support. They offer a 99.99% uptime guarantee and 4GBPS faster connectivity.

Low latency structures with a choice of windows are provided by these companies.

Lokesh Joshi

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 1 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281735

VPS, or Virtual Private Server, is a type of web hosting service that offers a number of benefits over traditional shared hosting. Here are some of the main benefits of using a VPS:

1. Increased Performance: A VPS offers dedicated resources such as RAM, CPU, and storage, which means that you have more control over the performance of your website or application.
  2. Enhanced Security: A VPS provides a higher level of security compared to shared hosting, as each VPS is isolated from other users on the same physical server.
  3. Scalability: With a VPS, you can easily upgrade your resources as your website or application grows, without having to migrate to a new server.
  4. Root Access: With a VPS, you have root access to the server, which means you can install any software and configure the server as per your requirements.
  5. Customization: A VPS allows you to customize your server environment and software stack, giving you greater control over your website or application.
  6. Cost-effective: A VPS can be a cost-effective option compared to dedicated hosting, as it allows you to have dedicated resources at a fraction of the cost.

Some of the VPS Servers are:

1: MonoVM

2: Liquid Web

3: Hostinger

4: A2 Hosting

5: BlueHost

and many more are there.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)