Algo Wizard

7 replies

Oliver

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 121 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250365

Im trying my hand at algo wizard.

i need some guidance in how to correctly set signals for a particular strategy i’m working on. Any assistance would be helpful or a tutorial on the system to help work out some of the functions better.

Id like to have an ea open a market buy order at the open of a candle but only when the prior candle opened below, crossed through an exponential moving average (ema) and closed above the ema.

thanks in advance

annotation

Oliver

Visit profile

4 years ago #250372

Following on from this i would want a position to only be opened if the stochastic is rising or if the k is now above the d.

The settings im interested in is EMA – 9 period  & Stochastics k=14 d=3 and slowing = 5

I would also like to only trade in the direction of the daily time frame. Therefore i would only like a trade to be opened if price on the daily time frame is a above a 20 period sma and also above a daily 9 ema

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250387

Ok, so you trade this intraday with checking on the direction on daily chart?

Oliver

Visit profile

4 years ago #250418

Hi Tomas

Yes Intraday. so i can pick and choose when i deploy the EA or have developed the EA enough to know when the daily time frame is presenting conditions favorable to buy or sell.

Thanks

tomas262

Visit profile

4 years ago #250488

Ok, I can make an example on this, will attach

Oliver

Visit profile

4 years ago #250509

Thanks

tomas262

Visit profile

4 years ago #250525

Hello,

check the example attached about conditions required

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Oliver

Visit profile

4 years ago #250537

Thanks for that its great. Ive learnt more by studying what you gave. is there a manual somewhere i can read to help explain more of the options available? Im assuming i can use it as a template now to plug into builder to develop it further? Im also now trying to program in EhlerFisher transform into the SQX i have requested this in the road map section. How long can i expect to wait for it to be available?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)