Another Tick Data

15 replies

Ariel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 9 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261787

Hello, maybe you don’t know where I can buy tick data other than from ducascopy? Strategy Quant cannot upload ticks from the mt5 broker, an error pops up. On tickdata.com or tickmarket, data is very expensive and needs a history from ten years back

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261801

and why do you need anything else?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Ariel

Visit profile

3 years ago #261820

Because the data from ducascopy is different than from other brokers, and what they earn in Duca, they no longer earn at ICM Markets. That’s why I need an option to upload data from other brokers in SQ

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #261831

forex pairs are not different at all and its nonsense to make things harder, because you will not get nothing from them – and tell me, where did you get data for example from IC Markets?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261833

I trade with IC Markets and Ducas data is not that diferent.

Other brokers do provide their own FX data, not the case of IC Markets, and even so Ducas is still Ok

Ariel

Visit profile

3 years ago #261930

Take any strategy generated on the duca and put it in the mt5 tester (every tick method), you will see what the difference is. You can do this with other mt5 brokers

Ariel

Visit profile

3 years ago #261931

<span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Henkeys pobieram dane z ICM z MT5, bo to możliwe. </span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Możesz pobrać tiki i minuty. </span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Tick ​​w starszych wersjach można przesłać do SQ. </span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Teraz wywala jakiś błąd. Below shows you where to download the tick from</span></span>

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ariel

Visit profile

3 years ago #261935

Henkeys I am downloading ICM data from MT5 because it is possible. You can download tics and minutes. Tick ​​in older versions can be sent to SQ. Now crashes some bug. Below shows you where to download the tick from

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #261945

and you know that those data will be for sure not from ICM, but only some metatrader shit?

and downloading and using tick data, even the dukascopy ones in SQX for forex is nonsense – its something like going with bazoooka to an ant

Ariel

Visit profile

3 years ago #261950

For me, the minute data is inaccurate. After many analyzes, I found that the ICM data is the most consistent with the transactions, the tick data from ducascopy not. That’s why I need the option to upload a CSV file to SQ

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261966

@Ariel. What timeframe do you trade? From my experience for H1 or higher, Ducas quality and M1 precision is just Ok.

I’m quite obsessed comparing real results with backtests and the majority of my strategies are quite similar – just similar. Those that aren’t that similar (that happens very often) I simply put them on the trash no matter if they’re winning or losing and why it happens. Sure it’s not 100% acurate but as hankeys says I don’t need bazookas for an ant 🙂

If you trade lower timeframes that’s a different world and I guess you’d be right looking for something more precise. However be careful with these lower timeframes. Personally I never dared to go that path

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #261967

you need to know the basics – from metatrader you will not downloading historical data from the broker itself

Ariel

Visit profile

3 years ago #262414

I trade on the h1-D1 frame, each of us has our own approach to trading. I can see what the comparison of fxblue tests shows me

Rad Lod

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266881

Hi, I would like to ask you guys something, that I don’t quite understand. The demo signal from every broker is exactly the same, including IC Markets and Ducas, but their live signals are different. And I’m not talking about spread, I mean the bid prices as well. Among all the brokers that you can view using TradingView only the Saxo signal is similar to the live signal from ICM, the rest of them are the same as demo. I understand, that both signals are a bit different, but I what I don’t get is why EVERY broker’s demo has the same signal, which “tick history” I can download- but there is no real signal history anywhere? Please look at the attached picture, and comapre your charts with it. Every demo signal is the same, with the same high spike at 18:26, 9th Otc 2020, every live signal does not have that spike -it’s GBPUSD to be clear.

I do get the concept of real versus live signal, what I don’t understand is why EVERY  broker has the same demo signal? The very same?

Attachments:

Rad Lod

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266883

This is the same moment downloaded via QDM (Ducas), as you can see it’s the demo signal. I just dont get what is the purpose of going into “tick precission” with it?

Attachments:

fxsaber

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 4 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #279459

I offer an indicator for MT5 that compares the historical spreads of several brokers at once on one chart. You can compare spreads, for example, in the Asian session for the best scalping.

Details: https://www.mql5.com/ru/blogs/post/750545

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)