Automatic detection of futures sectors

7 replies

Masterchanger

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 11 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #278001

When I import strategies from Tradestation/Multicharts or any other platform I assume I have to manually add notes to each strategy to have QA limit x number if strategies in a sector to a portfolio. Is there any way to have QA detect the sector on import? Or tell QA that I’m import strategies from sector X? Would some code in the name allow QA to do this? Any ideas on how this could be done automatically? Thanks!

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #278065

Hi,

have you checked this article regarding sectors? https://strategyquant.com/doc/quantanalyzer/using-sectors-in-portfolio-master/

Masterchanger

Visit profile

1 year ago #278066

yes, ive read that link about sectors and ive used them in constructing portfolios.

I have had to enter the sectors (using the default with notes)  by HAND  in over 100 strategies!

Im just looking at how i can avoid entering the sectors in notes by hand. An idea would be to allow selections of multiple strategies and be able to assign their sectors as a bulk action or to have Quant Analyzer detect the sector by a symbol in the strategy name to be imported? What can be done to  make the process of assigning sectors to strategies easier when imported into QA?

thanks

Jonathan

Armando

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #278090

I’m in the same problem as you too! Having more than 100 strategies it is very inconvenient to add sectors one at a time!

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #278119

We need to add this into next QA update. I have made a task for the notes support to be included

Masterchanger

Visit profile

1 year ago #278122

Thank you for considering this feature request. I think it would be a very much welcomed feature!

Regards,

Jonathan

Armando

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #278127

What are the timelines? I saw that the latest update for this software was done over a year ago ..

Masterchanger

Visit profile

1 year ago #278131

Good Question. When can a fix be implemented?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)