Can SQX combine multiple strategies into one single EA?

2 replies

daveng

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 93 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #256075

I know it wasn’t possible in the old SQ, but is it possible now with SQX in combining multiple strategies into one single EA?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #256076

no

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

James Colton

Subscriber, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, customer, community, 9 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280850

I have the same interest. It seems like it should be possible to at least combine numerous strategies running the same symbol into a single strategy.

1. Each individual strategy could be stacked and populate variables for positions including stops and profit targets for that individual subroutine.

2. The position entry variables could be netted allowing either the option of cancelling the associated OCO exits or leaving them intact to function as though the account were fully hedge capable.

We should be able to effectively synthetically hedge in the EA.

In the alternative if only using a stack of timed exits that stack could be converted into a stack of timed market position biases.

The ability to do this could allow virtually infinite expansion of portfolio reliability factors.

Even being able to combine only two strategies into one, and then even if they had to have the same timeframe, would effectively double the size of my portfolio which is currently limited to a single strategy per symbol. Imagine if We could combine a dozen strategies including a few timeframes into one for each symbol.

I could provide an example for proof of concept if required.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)