Cannot Do Any Tasks With Application

5 replies

qattack

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 44 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #235771

I am returning to SQ after a two year absence to try out SQX.

I installed the application and upon running it, it presented me with a benchmark test. I clicked the “Start” button and waited for several minutes, but nothing happened. I later repeated this through the settings menu and opened task manager and SQ was using 80%-90% of CPU for a short time, then drops to 0%. No information about the benchmark results is displayed.

When I press “Start generating strategies” at the top of the main page, the builder tab opens, but nothing appears visually. SQ does again start to use 80%-90% of CPU, but even after several minutes, nothing is displayed. I have found the “Grid engine overview” and it is indeed successfully processing strategies, but no data shows on the builder tab. I assume the “default settings” should give me tons of immediate results?

qattack

Visit profile

5 years ago #235772

When I press “Start” in the builder tab, it says, “project is already running”.

The Stop button is grayed out.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #235820

Hello,

can you please provide some screenshots and logs from the /user/log/strategyquant? Please send to [email protected] We can check a provide a fix if a need be

qattack

Visit profile

5 years ago #236710

I sent logs in a month ago. Is there any progress?

I downloaded the most recent version just now (v 1.14) and whenever I run SQX, it loads and then immediately says “U.I. became unresponsive…It will automatically be reloaded…”. It then restarts and displays the same message.

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236712

this looks like problem with firewall. When you started SQ for the first time, didn’t firewall asked you to allow access?

If you clicked No, or if firewall blocked the access automatically it could result into this problem – because SQ UI cannot connect to the backend engine. Try to temporarily disable firewall if it solves the problem.

As for the other problem – please check it with the new version when you’ll make it work.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

qattack

Visit profile

5 years ago #236719

Thank you. This appears to have done the trick.

It was actually an anti-virus that caused the problem (and I didn’t even know was running!).

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)