Daily timeframe strategies (D1 or M1 robustness testing)

2 replies

Phillip van Coller

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 20 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #257419

Hi all.

I’m only starting to generate daily strategies now and I’m wondering if anyone has tested the difference in monte carlo tests
run on DAILY vs 1 minute timeframe. Obviously running them on the daily will be much faster but I wonder what the change in results will be.

I was going to run 5k daily strategies twice through a workflow to test this but wondered if someone has already tested this?

Thanks,

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #257422

you mean 1M precision vs selected TF only?

imagine that you are testing strategy only on daily OHLC data and this candle has for example 300 pips range

and your strategy has SL 50 and TP 100 – from OHLC data you cant know if the SL or TP was hitted first

so for me 1M precision is crucial and selected TF only could be used only for first buidling task and crosscheck on 1M precision need to be done so the the another tasks

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Phillip van Coller

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 20 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #257424

Thanks hankeys appreciate the response. I 100% agree with your logic in regards to the SL/TP.

Have an excellent weekend.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)