divergence

5 replies

Ali

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269105

I’m trying to create a strategy in the AlgoWizard based on divergence but I didn’t succeed.

For finding divergences firstly I need to find valid pivot points based on zigzag then compare the value of price and MACD in 2 recent pivots.

So highest or lowest functions can’t be useful.

I also tried the SQ sample strategy in the AlgoWizard but there is a lot of false signals.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269286

The divergences are very subjective. We do not have direct tools in AlgoWizard that can be used to really effectively trade divergences. I mean it can be done but you would have to set a very complex system of many conditions. But you can setup simple ones. I have set up a basic MACD Divergence in AlgoWizard. You can check it whether you find it useful

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ali

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269294

As you mentioned the divergences are very subjective, I think the validity of a divergence is depending on the validity of pivot points.

If we can detect the correct pivot points, we can use divergences. In the following chart I used zigzag.

Can we import zigzag as a custom indicator and extract the distance from current candle to pivots? some thing like this:

Distance from current candle to First Pivot = 75 candles

Distance from current candle to Second Pivot = 92 candles

Distance from current candle to Third Pivot = 119 candles

Then I can use the follwing formula to detect divergense:

The divergences are very subjective. We do not have direct tools in AlgoWizard that can be used to really effectively trade divergences. I mean it can be done but you would have to set a very complex system of many conditions. But you can setup simple ones. I have set up a basic MACD Divergence in AlgoWizard. You can check it whether you find it useful

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269315

divergences are very strong signals and we are waiting for them for a long time – https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_2914

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Mr Omi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 3 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281895

Do you have RSI divergence?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281931

Hi,

ýou can check my simple example on RSI divergence

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)