Not logged in
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>Extras & Strategies>EA is not working on MT4 as in the backtest.

• #269634 |
    Customer
    4 Posts

Hi Support Team,

I’m new here and I have generated a strategy. After I uploaded it into MT4, I run the tester, but it seems that the strategy is not executing the orders correctly. Orders not getting filled. It keeps putting buy/sell stops and then as the price moves, the orders keep following the price without ever getting executed. Is it the case that I shouldn’t test it on mt4 tester before running the strategy on mt4 demo? or is there anything I did wrong?

Can you please help me?

Attachments in this forum are visible only to Customers.
    tomas262
    Administrator
    1823 Posts

Hello,

it is completely normal pending orders gets placed and cancelled. Only those that get hit will be filled. Does any trade ever get filled during the backtest? I get few tradeds filled. Precisely for last 2.5 months I get 2 fills in both SQ and MT4

Customer
    4 Posts

Hi Admin,

I run the backtest on mt4 over the same historical period where the backtest on SQ was done from 1 Jan 2002 to 4 Feb 2021. and on mt4 I’m only getting 7 trades filled over this number of years. while on SQ there are way more trades over the same period.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.