EA’s with TP/SL using indicator levels

10 replies

WJPII

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 118 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269208

Wondering if anyone else is running into this issue:

When building EA’s with: SL required, Fixed Pips, ATR-based and “use indicator levels” all turned on, I am getting perfect curve EA’s, but the time in trade is 100’s of days with low DD’s.  Obviously, this is impossible.  Is this a bug?  I want to be able to us indicator levels, but SQX is not reading the fixed pip SL/TP at the same time.  And even if it is not, there is no way to have a DD <10% when a trade is 300 days floating.

Thanks.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269210

because your SL is never hitted and you are sitting on positions, so you EQ is looking good, but open drawdown will be huge

SL/TP on indicator have 1 big issue, sometime the logic could be nonsense, for example the SL for buy computed above the price, so your SL will be nothing

for that reasons the min/max SL/TP in trading options are – to set some borders where the ATR or indicator levels for SL or TP should be and if not, these borders will be used

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #269214

Ah.  Thanks.  Now I understand.

However, this goes back to yours and mine conversation about Trading Options area.  How do you close on ranges for SL/TP without limiting the time range?  According to you previously, the Limit Time Range must be activated so that the Exit at End of Range (for SL/TP) can be used.  So, that means that the SL/TP range would need to be really tight because trades will be closed within the time range indicated.  OR – is it possible to set the time range at 00:00/00:00 so that the time doesn’t really matter?

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #269215

you are mixing things together – min/max SL/TP has nothing to do with time limiting or not

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #269217

I understand.  So if I set the Trading Options as shown in attached, the EA will not close trades at 16:00?

Again, I cannot use the TP/SL inputs without turning on the time range first.

Attachments:

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #269218

TP/SL values could be imputed without any restrictions – you have strange SQX version 🙂

if you have turned on limiting rime range from 8-16 with exit at the end – strategy will be closed

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #269219

That is my point.  I cannot turn on TP/SL range without turning on time range first.  So in order to trade on indicator and have a SL/TP, I also need to have a time range daily.  Unless, I set the time range to 00:00 – 00:00.  Guess I could try that.

It would be nice if the developers could allow for a SL/TP range without the time range.

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #269231

for me it works well

Attachments:

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #269232

I can put numbers in there too.  But, you don’t have the ranges on.  So it still works in builder without turning them on, but with values?

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #269233

i am lost with you 😀

TIME RANGES are different category than MIN/MAX SL VALUES

each other is working indepently

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #269235

I completely understand what you are saying now and what you have said in the past.  However, as you can see in the attached, the only way to turn on the SL/TP range is to turn on the Limit Time Range.  I do not want the limiting of time range obviously, but want the range for SL/TP.  But when you turn off the time range filter, the exit at end of range for SL/TP goes off.  So, are you saying that with the attached configuration, I will not have a limit on trade TIME, but will have a SL/TP range even though it shows it is off?

Exit at End of Range for SL/TP does not work independently for me.

As always, thanks for your help.

Attachments:

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)