Export CSV from SQx to MT4
2 weeks ago #282343
I am trying to export CSV file from SQx to my MT4 to make a backtest
On GBPNZD, metaquotes data starts in 2010
So I went here 👇
I choose export to CSV as I dont want the tick.
And here I don’t know what should I choose. I select M30. And then ? 👇
Moreover it seems that the data from the previous years are not accurate at all. So many days missing. Is it normal ?
2 weeks ago #282365
you would want to import M1 data ideally. First make sure you have no limitation for historical data import
- In the main menu, select Tools
- Select Options. (Alternatively, you can press Ctrl+O)
- Select Charts. In a new window, click on the Charts tab
- Set the maximum value in the Max. bars in history. See the screenshot below
Then import the data using the MT4 History Center
- In the main menu, select Tools -> History Center
- In the Symbols section, double click on the currency pair you wish to import
- Double click on 1 minute
- Click on Import at the bottom of the window. A new window will pop up
- Click on the Browse button and find the data file
- Make sure that the separator is set to “,” (comma) or one used in the data file
- If you want to alter the data timestamps you need to set the Shift value. For example, if your broker operates in UTC+2, you need to select +2 in the Shift field. Click OK.
- Once loading is complete, you’ll see a message offering to recalculate the data for other timeframes. Press OK. Then restart the trading platform.
2 weeks ago #282367
Thank you very much
One thing I am not sure to understand .
Should I choose the clone data version in SQx to export, which is already UTC ?
Or should I choose the original one, and then alter the data timestamps by selecting +2 in the shift field in MT4 ?
Or the 2 options works the same.
And just to confirm
It is the CSV file that i need to export, not the FXT / HST ?
And below I have to choose the first option only ?
“Generic tick format (comma delimited) ?
3 days ago #282522
how can i do this in mt5?
3 days ago #282557
using History Center you can do the same in MT5. You can import tick data or minute bars. Follow this https://strategyquant.com/doc/quantdatamanager/how-to-import-data-to-metatrader-5/
3 days ago #282569
thanks just wondering do your strategies work well in mt4 or 5 ? mine does not run. Complains of indicator issue
2023.06.07 01:26:38.495 Core 1 2021.06.01 00:00:00 cannot load custom indicator ‘SqADX’ 
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)