Export CSV from SQx to MT4
6 months ago #282343
I am trying to export CSV file from SQx to my MT4 to make a backtest
On GBPNZD, metaquotes data starts in 2010
So I went here 👇
I choose export to CSV as I dont want the tick.
And here I don’t know what should I choose. I select M30. And then ? 👇
Moreover it seems that the data from the previous years are not accurate at all. So many days missing. Is it normal ?
you would want to import M1 data ideally. First make sure you have no limitation for historical data import
- In the main menu, select Tools
- Select Options. (Alternatively, you can press Ctrl+O)
- Select Charts. In a new window, click on the Charts tab
- Set the maximum value in the Max. bars in history. See the screenshot below
Then import the data using the MT4 History Center
- In the main menu, select Tools -> History Center
- In the Symbols section, double click on the currency pair you wish to import
- Double click on 1 minute
- Click on Import at the bottom of the window. A new window will pop up
- Click on the Browse button and find the data file
- Make sure that the separator is set to “,” (comma) or one used in the data file
- If you want to alter the data timestamps you need to set the Shift value. For example, if your broker operates in UTC+2, you need to select +2 in the Shift field. Click OK.
- Once loading is complete, you’ll see a message offering to recalculate the data for other timeframes. Press OK. Then restart the trading platform.
6 months ago #282367
Thank you very much
One thing I am not sure to understand .
Should I choose the clone data version in SQx to export, which is already UTC ?
Or should I choose the original one, and then alter the data timestamps by selecting +2 in the shift field in MT4 ?
Or the 2 options works the same.
And just to confirm
It is the CSV file that i need to export, not the FXT / HST ?
And below I have to choose the first option only ?
“Generic tick format (comma delimited) ?
how can i do this in mt5?
using History Center you can do the same in MT5. You can import tick data or minute bars. Follow this https://strategyquant.com/doc/quantdatamanager/how-to-import-data-to-metatrader-5/
thanks just wondering do your strategies work well in mt4 or 5 ? mine does not run. Complains of indicator issue
2023.06.07 01:26:38.495 Core 1 2021.06.01 00:00:00 cannot load custom indicator ‘SqADX’ 
4 months ago #283122
Following your instruction above to import a CSV into MT4but have an issue in that I never get the question in your point 8 for other time frames?
Is there some point where one has to wait for data to show in any of the windows in the previous steps?
I am exporting 1 year of EURUSD data, does this take a long time to import and if so how long do I need to wait for this question to show about other time frames?
Also I note that the “Volume” check box is ticked by default, I assume that is correct and should stay as such?
it seems now the other timeframes do not get recalculated automatically and you better import them all
As for the volume, unless you specifically need it for your strategy I would not use it during the import
4 months ago #283147
Thank you Tomas.
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)