How to backtest Multiple & Custom time frames in MT4?

2 replies

kasinath

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 112 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267078

I’ve got a strategy that uses signals on the M15 and H2 timeframe.

In Metatrader, i have loaded M15 data from backtestmarket.com (Dukascopy tick data does not go back far enough)

Unfortunately there is no where I can find to get H2 backtest data that goes back as far as I need.  Only M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, D.

When i run the SQX backtest in MT4, no trades are placed.  I believe this is because I have only M15 historical data in Metatrader, and I don’t have H2 data.

My Question: In the absence of tickdata, how can i backtest the M15 and H2 time frames in MT4, where H2 is not a standard time frame, and I dont have H2 specific data? The strategy is attached.

Please Note: I am NOT looking for feedback on how good or bad the strategy is. I am just looking for feedback on the timeframe issue.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267104

basic question is – how do you want to trade H2 TF in MT4? because its not implemented in MT4…

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

kasinath

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 112 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267110

Yes. That is exactly my question.

H2 is the constant with the 120 period, and it is implemented, according to the documentation : https://docs.mql4.com/constants/chartconstants/enum_timeframes

The only problem is how to get the H2 data in.  For MQL5, it seems you have to import tick data and M1 data, then it works.  Just need to find out how to do it for MQL4.

Hankeys do you know how to do this in MT4? Or can you provide any useful guidance?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)