How to create opening range break out strategy

4 replies

timfel

Subscriber, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 1 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281306

Hello,

I want to create a fairly simple strategy based on a break out of a certain range near the open.

The range is the highest high and the lowest low in the period between 08:15 and 08:30 on the German DAX.

I want to enter long or short on a breakout of this range +- an offset of 2 points above or below this range.

I cant see how to specify this range in builder or Algo Wizard — can you help please?

Sturla [email protected]

Subscriber, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 1 replies.

Visit profile

11 months ago #282059

Have you solved this? I’m looking for the same myself.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

11 months ago #282063

Hello, I want to create a fairly simple strategy based on a break out of a certain range near the open. The range is the highest high and the lowest low in the period between 08:15 and 08:30 on the German DAX. I want to enter long or short on a breakout of this range +- an offset of 2 points above or below this range. I cant see how to specify this range in builder or Algo Wizard — can you help please?

Hi, what kind of entry order would you use? Stop above or wait for a bar close and then enter at market?

rex avakian

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

7 months ago #283544

there is a template in Algo Wizard Range breakout. But I am new so I don’t know how to configure. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

7 months ago #283553

What do you want to achieve using the template? Let us know we can modify

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)