how to Force the EA to log to file instantly instead of waiting for a tick data

7 replies

Tarwada

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, course_strategyquant-x-course, 92 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233862

hello, i deigned an EA to check if the previous HA candle is bullish or bearish and log that on a .txt file

the only problem is that when a candle closes, the EA will never write the log if the price didn’t move.

when the new candle forms, i need a tick data to come for the EA to log the previous candle type (bullish or bearish)

is there any custom command to force that to be written without waiting for the price to move ?

see the attached project

thanks in advanced

the page keep saying : Logz.sqw: Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.

tried to upload it as rar but didn’t work

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233868

Hello,

you would have to edit the code and use some kind of timer like shown here https://docs.mql4.com/en/eventfunctions/eventsettimer

By default EA Wizard strategy is set to work on each incoming tick

Tarwada

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, course_strategyquant-x-course, 92 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233878

i got it but i don’t know how to implement it :\

can you help me a little bit with it ^^”

tomas262

Visit profile

5 years ago #233900

This might help you to do what you need using a workaround soft https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=4102479#post4102479

Tarwada

Visit profile

5 years ago #233924

i did that and still the same thing. tried the software and the script, the log does not write into the file until a new tick comes 🙁

Tarwada

Visit profile

5 years ago #233925

the problem is that even if the minute finished (assuming that we’re looking at 1min chart) , the next candle wont show up until a new tick comes in. if the tick came after 30 sec’s, then i have 30 sec’s and the current candle gonna close

is there anyway to play around that ?

i want the candle to be displayed as soon as the current minute finishes

does mt5 have this feature ?, assuming it’s what meta quotes is trying to promote

Tarwada

Visit profile

5 years ago #234003

problem solved

use mt5 instead of mt4

that’s it

tomas262

Visit profile

5 years ago #234004

Hello, we are supporting MT5 with SQ4. Once released you will be able to directly put mq5 code into your platform

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)