How to match broker settings to SQX?

6 replies

Oliver

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 121 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268815

Im looking to use a new broker Darwinex – Ive not used commissions before so wanted to check a few things

darwinex say a standard lot is 100,000 with commissions at 2.5gbp for GBBJPY pair. so for example if im trading 0.01 lots does this mean it is  0.25 comissions?  i also note sqx only can use dollars so do i have to convert 0.25 (assuming im correct before) into dollar amounts? if yes whats the equation/maths?

secondly i note for example eurusd  has 100,000 standard lot but with 2.5EUR comissions so do i again have to conver this to $ for sqx purposes? if so whats the maths/equation for 0.01 lots?

darwinex pages for the data im refering to are here https://www.darwinex.com/spreads/forex

whilst im looking at this i also wonder now if my  point values on sqx are set correctly ?

Thanks in advance for your help

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268867

Hello,

if there is a fixed size commission applied by your broker for the whole lot is 2.5 you need to convert by multiplying by 0.01 for the micro-lot. You want to use USD currency across SQX so all strategies created are comparable. That’s the whole point of using US dollar consistently for all calculations

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268882

SQX could be set in whatever currency, its up to you

original point values from SQX has been made in the past and computed as USD values, but you can verify that those values changing through time, because the currencies are moving…if you set something now, tommorow the point value will be different

you can make the computation for yourself – for example for all *CHF pairs the computation is simple – 100000 CHF to USD = point value in USD (114000)

the same for all *JPY pairs … 100000 JPY to USD = point value in USD (972)

so you can see, that some point values are pretty “old”

and the commission goes the same – you want USD values – because your point values are in USD too, so if your broker has commission per order set to 2.5 GBP, you commision for 1 lot will be 5 GBP (because you will open and close the trade so you have 2 orders per each trade)…5 GBP to USD = 6.82…this value will be your commission for all GBP* pairs

we are setting the commision for 1 full lot, i dont know why Tomas is talking about some converting – conversion is made automatically by the positions itself

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Karish

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 444 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268897

check a script that i made inside our channel: #update-sqx-instruments-with-1-click

https://discord.gg/UzsG3kxC

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 484 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269085

Hallo,

works this script for BTCUSD too?

I used you old script acountdetailsforsq.

I am using JFD broker with the following settings

But if I use the spread of 150000 for the backtest in the SQ but  I got a bad equitycurve.

What ist wrong?

Has someone experience with bitcoin strategies on metatrader4?

Is the spread of jfd broker to high? or has qcountdetailsforsq a calculation error for bitcoin ?

I attached all files.

I will be happy if someone can ceck the generated ea for bitcoin on metatrader. (The Idear is from AliCasay)

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

Karish

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 444 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269086

<p style=”–original-color: #000000; –original-background-color: #ffffff;”>Please check the newly updated script which i updated today, maybe it will solve your issue, everything should be exact, but i didn’t try Cryptos my self, so im not sure..

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269088

adivce is simple, dont trade BTC, if you really dont know what are you doing

point value 1

piptick step 0.001

piptick size 1

but again…look at the market behavior and its obvious, that its a rollercoaster, not tradable market

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)