ISSUE – Testing higher TF at a MTF strategy

2 replies

Csaba

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 110 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261821

Hello Traders

Let say, I have an H4 – D1 MTF strategy. To test in on H1 and M30 is easy.
But I got an error, if I switch on D1 – this is obvious. But the question is: how to test it on higher timeframe?

Or should I rather choose H4 – Monthly setup? Then it wont be a problem to test it on D1.

Thank you!

Best regards
Csaba

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261832

you have some proof that this setting on something like higher/lower TFs will lead to a better strategies? i am afraid that not…

the strategy was produced on H4/D1 logic, why it should work also on some lower/higher TF?

entry is on H4, D1 is only a filter – what is the logic behind the presumption that it must work on something like H4/W1, or another combinations?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Csaba

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 110 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261834

Hello Hankeys

I think, that I expressed myself probably wrong. I dont want to test a H4-D1 strategy on H4-W1 relation.
I just wanted to follow a bit the video course and I wanted to test it on higher and lower timeframe too.

On what I am thinking? Let say you have a H1 strategy and you test it on M30 and H4. But in my situation (H4 – D1) I can just test H1-D1, so just the lower timeframe, because D1 – D1 goes not.

That’s why was my question, if the generation should be rather already from the beginning H4- W1 relation (and not H4-D1) , because so I could test H1 -W1 and D1 – W1 also.

And I think yes, changing the TF-s (lower and higher) makes the strategy stronger.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)