Memory max when Idle, Custom Projects not Deleting

6 replies

kasinath

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 112 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261583

Noticing some odd things since yesterday

1. When Idle memory is maxxed out

2. I delete custom projects and restart, and they are back

3. On restart, some of the custom projects are generating strategies for a few minutes, with no way to stop them (all buttons are gray, including start button).

Has anyone seen these issues? I’m on the latest build.

Richard Brennan

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 25 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261588

Yep K. I can get that sometimes.

I don’t hold the strategies produced in my Custom Projects Config files for too long. I keep the config settings (and save them in case of need for backup) but regularly flush out the databanks.

If you crash and then restart, it takes forever as it attempts to regenerate the databanks for these projects. This seems to take up memory as well by retaining the databank contents.

You will find the databanks of strategies are stored in StrategyQuantX\user\projects\ in your pc’s directory. Before I restart after a crash, I go to this directory and delete all generated strategies.

You can then quickly reopen SQX and your custom projects will restore quickly (without the databank contents).

Rich B

kasinath

Visit profile

3 years ago #261592

Thanks Rich, this is definitely helpful. It explains why those custom projects were busy when I just started up the app.

I still wonder why I can’t delete some custom projects — I delete them and restart (both sqx and my machine), launch SQX and they are still there on the custom projects panel.

Also not clear why memory consumption would rise ( to 80% and stay there) when I’m not doing anything in the app.

Will try flushing all strategies and see if it fixes these two other issues as well.

Richard Brennan

Visit profile

3 years ago #261596

Yep I hear you mate. I get the same. Not sure.

Flushing Databanks and/or exiting SQX and then restarting tends to be my workaround. Failing that….a reboot. It can get frustrating  🙂

Rich B

kasinath

Visit profile

3 years ago #261599

Worked! Thanks again.

kasinath

Visit profile

3 years ago #261595

I realize now that my original message wasnt  clear (pre-coffee) and apparently I can’t edit it.

Will try troubleshooting a few ways (apparently there’s an alternate JVM that performs better), and if I can’t get sorted I’ll make a new post with a video.

Richard Brennan

Visit profile

3 years ago #261752

Aweome K. Geektrader is a legend 🙂

Let me know if you have nutted it out.

Rich B

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)