metrics calculation (SQX vs Quant analyzer 4)

6 replies

Charles Umani

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 36 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258274

Hi !

When try to export any strategy from SQX to QA4  my metrics are totaly different.

for exemple, for the exactly same strategy i have a RET/DD ratio of 5.66 in SQX and 10,21 in QA4…

it’s the same problem with sharpe ratio, in SQX i have 0,69 and in QA4 i have 0,1…

what is the problem ? why i’ve not exactly the same backtest results ?

thanks by advance !

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Charles Umani

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 36 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258280

hi, thx for your fast response !

unfortunately it’s not the problem… it’s right, i’ve made a mistake during my upload and 1405 trades is due to main data backtest + crosscheck 😉

why are some numbers so different?
and why doesn’t my backtest start on the same date?

sorry for my poor english but i really thanks you for your help 🙂

Attachments:

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258352

Hello,

I have also found some differences that needs to be rather checked in QA. I have made a report to developers to check it

As for the Ret/DD I get the same values if the initial deposit is set to the same value

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258355

settings in QA doesnt have impact on stats – QA is only a viewer

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258362

Hi,

The Ret/DD has always been the same between SQX and QA. Same as PF which it’s the main metric I use.

On my Pre-SQ time I always used Sharpe Ratio, but I remember that its calculation has always been a mess, I think there was a bug opened long time ago because of that. Never knew which result was the good one so I jumped to PF

Chris

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271139

I apologize for reviving this thread, but I’m just learning to use SXQ and noticed the same problem when loading from a SX3 file (SQX doesn’t load in QA).

Can you explain why that could be ?

Thanks.

Attachments:

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271524

Hello,

slightly different formulas are used for QuantAnalyzer and StrategyQuantX that can cause differences. If you are not sure if its a bug or not please send us an email to [email protected] so we can review it

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)