MM not working

6 replies

Rodrigo Sotomayor

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 4 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #278195

I have been trying to create strategies with a lot as a % of balance or account. Despite the option I use (% of balance or % of account) I keep getting strategies with fixed lot. When i try to check the pseudo Code there is no MM setting at all.

Please advice on how to solve this.

Best regards.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #278208

Hi,

the most probable cause of this is that your strategies do not use fixed or ATR stop-loss defined. In that case SQ cannot determine trade risk ($) and cannot calculate lot size properly so then the “Lot size if no MM” is being used

Rodrigo Sotomayor

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 4 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #278220

Thanks for your Reply Tomas.

But I am using fix stop loss Required, and strategies are build with SL.

The issue must be something else.

Thanks.

Kevin Cheung

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 3 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280529

I may have the same issue. I set 2% account amount in MM, it works fine in SQX but it is not working in MT4.

Please HELP!

Ferran Terol Romero

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 1 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280915

I used fixed amount of 100$ and then in metatrader4 this money management is not working.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280944

Hello,

please if you continue to have the issue email us a sample strategy to [email protected], we will test it. Please include both SQX and MQ4(5) files

2nickelstripper

Subscriber, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, customer, community, 11 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281151

I could be wrong, but the stock size by price also seems broken.  The toggle doesn’t seem to work for starters.  If you switch it on it just goes back to being off after you run a backtest.  As well, despite the description, no matter what it seems the engine uses your account balance instead of always using your initial balance.  At the moment I can’t seem to get the program to fix an amount used for every trade to a single value and have gone back to Multicharts.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)