Money Management in MT4 vs SQ settings

4 replies

Todd Bates

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #235696

Everyone and anyone,

I’m just trying to clarify the settings when I upload an EA into MT4.

If I want to use Fixed Amount Risk in Dollars;
Do I need to have “UseMoneyManagement” set to true AND “RiskInPercent” set to Zero AND “UseFixedMoney” set to say $40 – As per Image below.

MT4 EA Inputs

I find this confusing as both Fixed Amount and  Risk Fixed % of account have the common settings that come under “UseMoneyManagement”.

Clarification of settings for the three groups of settings 1)Fixed lots, 2)Fixed amount and 3)Fixed Risk % would be appreciated.

Regards,

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #235710

Hello,

UseFixedMoney is not dependent on UseMoneyManagement

1. Fixed lots mean a single value always for example 0.1
  2. Fixed amount means you are limit bet size expressed in money (some people are not comfortable with % risk)
  3. Fixed % is the aggressive allows full potential of compounding

Todd Bates

Visit profile

5 years ago #235717

Thanks,

Though perhaps my question has been misunderstood.

i understand that part, what I’m trying to get at is on MT4 settings.

For a bot to use fixed risk of say $40, could I see a screen shot of the MT4 EA inputs screen.

for a bot to use fixed % of say 2%, could I see a screenshot of the MT4 EA inputs screen.

and one also for a fixed lot size, say 0.5.

im confused with how to set the settings.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #235727

you want to trade fixed lots – UseMoneyManagement – false, UseFixedMoney – false, Lots – XXX

you want to trade fixed money – UseMoneyManagement – true, UseFixedMoney – true, RiskInMoney – XXX

you want to trade fixed% – UseMoneyManagement – true, UseFixedMoney – false, RiskInPercent – XXX

thats it 🙂

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Todd Bates

Visit profile

5 years ago #235734

Thanks Hankeys,

Pretty self explanatory, I appreciate the clarification though…I like to sweat the small things =P

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)